What's new
World Wide Stereo

H/k 325 (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I confused about my H/K 325 I have my H/D cable box connected via coaxial into my video 3 input, I also have my video 2 input assinged to the same coaxial input. I have the system setup as independant not global which I believe should allow me to have video 3 under logic 7 cinema and video 2 under logic 7 music. The reason I want to do this because sometimes I listen to the music only channels and I don't want to keep switching between music and movie. I just want to switch input and be setup for music. Now this works on the television but when I turn to the music channels, the signal is output in dolby digital which only lets me select DD or Prologic II. That's so much a problem but if I select Prologic II music for one input the music mode is selected for the other as well. I won't let me have one for Movie and the other for music. Does anyone know why that is.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

fernandos

Auditioning
I have the AVR-525 and I think I know what your problem is. Since you have both Video-2 & Video-3 assigned to the same coax input, your digital music channels may only recognize it as digital only.
In other words, you won't even have the option to switch to Logic 7 as an option. I've experienced something similar when switching to HD TV channels. For example, some programs/movies on HD TV encoded to 5.1 DD only while some programs/movies are encoded in DD-EX. At first I thought something was wrong with my receiver or my cables because certain movies wouldn't go to DD-EX no matter what I tried. (It would only do plain DD 5.1; I have a 7.1 setup). I suspect that your music channels are reading the coax only as a digital input without no option to use Logic 7 which is still analog surround. You can try doubling up the input, i.e., running analog L-R cables into same input you use for music and see if it will then allow you to switch to Logic 7 mode. I will tell you however, that it still may not work because the HK is weird like that. I think that your only option may be DD or Prologic II as I have experienced the same thing with cable channels. I have my Video-3 input doubled up (optical & analog cables) so that when I go from a digital cable channel to a regular analog TV channel, the receiver switches from digital sound to Logic 7 cinema. Hope this helps. :)

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
If you want to guarantee Logic 7 music on Video 3, just plug in the analog left and right inputs instead of using coax digital. I have a HK 325 and know this will work.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Thanks guys, and you were right about the receiver only allowing the option of DD or prolgic II. I agree with the analog connection as well. I don't mind doing that it's just that I didn't feel like pulling it out of the cabinet to make the connection. I guess there is a positive, I've always wanted to test my HD Cable box on my Infocus 4800, just didn't want to get it out of the cabinet just to put it back moments later. Now that I am doing that anyway I might as well try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks