What's new

H/k 325 repair (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Recently I bought a new pioneer 1014 to put into my deditcated theater replacing my H/K 325 which I bought last year at a very cheap price. It was cheap because it was a floor model and it did not have any binding post for the left front channel. It wasn't a problem for me not having the binding post because I was using it as a preamp. Now however, since I am moving it to the living room theater I looked closer to check out the problem. What I've learned is that the amp for this channel works, but there isn't a way to connect the speaker wires to the amp. In trying to figure out how the binding post are connected to the reciever, I found out that in each of the ring collars (Positive and Negative)there is a metal oring(lack of a better word.) where the binding post screws into. Infact in I've learned that I can screw out all the binding post of the receiver if I wanted to. Now to the problem. I was able to buy some binding posts from radio shack and screw it in the negative collar but when trying to do the same for the positive side, I find that the metal oring is not there. So I am wondering if you guys ever heared of a problem similar to this and if/ how I cam find any replacements of the orings I will try to include a picture if I could.

Well your problem doesn't sound too complex, you have probably thought of this but I would take the negative terminal o ring into a local hardware store and see if they can match it, if not ask them if they know of anywhere.

Lando P

Agent
You can contact Harman Kardon and check if the part you need is available. If so, I'm sure you would be able to order the part you need from them.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Contacted H/K and they will sell me the part or $8.15 although they really wish that I would let them fix it. If I did that it would be gone for three or four months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks