What's new

New Member trying like heck to repair My RX-V1 (1 Viewer)

Texan Range

Auditioning
Real Name
Albert Huron
Greetings all,

‘’I recently bought the notorious Yamaha RX-V1 and a set of MMG Maggies. I was so amazingly pleased I still don’t have an amp to meet or replace the power of this one.
‘The problem started when the front right or left or both Channels cut out or drop out altogether.
I know that this has to do with the Main in binding posts for both left and right.
what I’m trying to get help with is ( since I now have the unit cracked open )
is can someone tell me what to solder together on the board so that this problem is fixed forever. I have seen a video posted of a guy doing this but I don’t know exactly what to run

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Albert:

:welcome: Welcome to the HTF!

I'm moving your thread from the "Beginner's" forum into our "Receivers" forum to get the right sets of eyes on your issue.

I'm confident some of our in-house experts will be by in short order with some ideas for you.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I had the same problem with my RX-Z9. I found a service bulletin that said to tighten the screws on the back panel around the speaker binding posts. Mine didn’t need much, probably less than 1/4 of a turn. But it fixed the problem and it never come back. I know the V1 is a different animal, but it’s worth a try.

And yes that is a great unit, as are all the old Yamaha flagships.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Texan Range

Auditioning
Real Name
Albert Huron
Greetings all,

‘’I recently bought the notorious Yamaha RX-V1 and a set of MMG Maggies. I was so amazingly pleased I still don’t have an amp to meet or replace the power of this one.
‘The problem started when the front right or left or both Channels cut out or drop out altogether.
I know that this has to do with the Main in binding posts for both left and right.
what I’m trying to get help with is ( since I now have the unit cracked open )
is can someone tell me what to solder together on the board so that this problem is fixed forever. I have seen a video posted of a guy doing this but I don’t know exactly what to run
I just got the problem board removed !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks