What's new

H/K 225 Problem (1 Viewer)

My 225 keeps shutting off after about a minute of being on and the chasis is not hot at all. I checked to make sure none of the speaker wires were touching and I am stumped. Anyhelp would be appreciated. This is my first post so HI

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
If that doesn't work, try seeing if it will stay on with nothing plugged in. If not, then it's off to the repair shop. If it does, start adding speakers and components back one at a time until is hiccups. Then, you know which one is the problem.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What speakers are you using? Disconnect and reconnect all of your speakers at the receiver and at the speaker to make sure you are not shorting something out, and as mentioned, connect the speakers one at a time to see if any of them is causing the issue.

I am using B&W DM303 for the front that I got about a week ago, a Acoustic Energy Aegis Center and PSB Alpha AV's for the rear. I did what you said and reconnected them one at a time and the reciever never shut off. It did not shut off one day but yesterday I was watching The Last Crusade and it shut off about 45 minutes into it and when I turned it backed on it only lasted about a minuted before it shut down again. I was also wondering if any one had an idea about the sound dropping out like dust got in the way of the laser. This only happens on DTS tracks and never in the same place. Thanks for all the help.

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand. Is the receiver completely shutting off as if you had pressed the power button or is only the sound cutting out in DTS movies?

Both. It usually just shuts down completly but if it does work and I play a DTS movie the sound drops out sometimes. They are two different problems. I wrote H/K and they said it was probably a internal heat problem so I am taking it to a place to get it looked at today.

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is doing the same thing-I am only running a center channel and a DVDplayer (for playing cds right now-DVD is running coaxial digital out).

The amplifier just turns off (goes into standby)-randomly between 5 and 45 minutes-It does it both with the tuner and with a CD being played through the DVD.

Once my main rig is here I'll do more testing.

This is a one month old 225 that I just started using (purchased from ecost for $230).

rogo

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Okay

I unplugged the DVD player and pulled out the coaxial digital and bingo-no shut downs.

I'm going to try another input or try a toslink.

rogo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks