What's new

H/K 225 popping sound, please help (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
My friend just purchased a H/K 225 receiver along with Paradigm Atom speakers for front and surrounds and the cc170 center channel. The sub is the 10" paradigm 100 watt sub (not sure on the model # :)) He has a Samsung dvd player which is brand new as well. While watching Gladiator on dvd he said he heard some popping and crackle sounds comming from the rear surrounds. I have not yet looked at how he set everything up so i can't tell you anything other that that. What could be causing that popping sound? I am sure the speakers are set up correctly. Could it be a surge protector problem? I am going to look at the set up tomorrow after work. What should I be looking for? What may be causing this problem? Please respond quickly as he only has a week to return the unit and time is a running out. I put this in the receiver section because I figured it is probably the receiver and not the speakers. Sorry if I should have placed this somewhere else. Thank you in advance.

DonJ

Second Unit
I have a AVR320 and that hasn't happened to be(everything else has) so the only thing I could suggest is to take it back to the place of purchase and exchange it for another one.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Thank you for the reply Don. Hopefully it won't come to that and it is just a connection problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this popping may be? I need to know soon because i am checking out the setup pretty soon. Thanks in advance.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I have the 225 and have never had a problem like this, so it sounds like you might have to take it in.:angry:
Often the only way to check the system is to trouble shoot in the way that you plan. Some tips (maybe): check the HK site for their trouble shooting tips, of course, check the power sources and connections with other equiptment such as a simple bulb to see if their is any inteference in the line that can be noticed, move wires like crazy and get any power cords as far away from the unit as possible to see if their is a shielding issue- also check for a dimmer in the house that may be interfering with the system. A search on this will give you some advice to how to resolve that if that's the issue. Good luck and let us know what happens.

cabreau

Second Unit
I'm the one he was talking about. The AVR-225 stopped doing it after that night. I turned off the receiver AND the DVD player and started over the noise stopped. I have no idea what was causing it. What's REALLY going to burst your bubbles is that I just bought an AVR-330 a few days ago. During "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (which I loved, BTW), there was a hissing sound. Then, later on, it happened again while watching TV. I turned everything off and back on again and it stopped. D'oh. Maybe they have to break in. LOL. Anyway...weird. Glad the receiver comes with a 4 yr warranty from my local B&Mn if I have any other problems with it (which I doubt I will). That AVR has been awesome ever since that first incident. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks