What's new

H/K 130 still a good buy? (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Sure. I use the old 110, 4 years strong. Does 5.1 only, but so what.

I've used it with NHT, Infinity and Athena, all to good effect.

Wish list = Selectable crossover ( I'm locked at 100, would prefer 80), video up conversion to component (now I run everything S-video, so I'm not using the component on my DVD. Again, so what, really, the pic is just fine.)

I have never needed any more power than the 40*5 I have now, fact.

Joe DC

Agent
Just curious, which Athenas', Point5, micra 6, ASF's? Thinking of pairing it with the micras' or Act6

Jose G

Supporting Actor
HK's are great, but $400 Cdn is about 326 US, right? I don't know how it is out there, but for about $326 US you can grab a 135 for about 3 bills or a 225 (for $349). Also, and this is my bias, a great receiver like an HK, even their entry level machines, I think deserve to be paired with bookshelf or floor standing speakers- unless it's absolutely necessary to have satellites. I just don't think you will get the full body of warmth (so to speak) from the mids with satellites. If I had to use satellites, I would actually get a less expensive machine, unless I knew that I was going to upgrade my speakers in the near future. This is just my opinion, but I think you should think about it. Good luck!

José

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
AS-B1 x 3...NHT Zero's round back, and an SVS. That combo was better than what I have now, by a slim margin. Cleaner, brighter and more sparkle. These Alphas are warm sounding, not bad, but I like just a bit of that extended sparkle. I get it with my old Altecs now...

I paid $318 US 4 yrs ago shipped. Now I'd hold out for a refurb from Harmanaudio.com $200-ish. Of course that's south of the border, and I understand HK's Canadian pricing is a bit high.

My next AVR will be a digital, a'la Panny or JVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks