What's new

'GunValkerie' Anybody own this yet? (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
AH!

Nevermind. I just started a new game and played with all the controls combos I could think of. It was to push BOTH the joysticks down.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get better TECHNIQUE scores. Anyone know?

NateM

Agent
Scott,

To increase your technique score you have to kill lots of enemies with heat blaster or cannon while powered up by air combos. It works for me although I can't seem to get above a B rating.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've finally had a chance to put some playtime into this game. My overall impression is that it's a fun shooter, but not an "A title" IMO.

My only complaint is a lack of variety in the gameplay. It's fun & fast gameplay, but so far (I'm on the 5th level) I haven't encountered any enemies that really engaged me or suprised me in any way.

Still, the jetpack-centered mutant insect slaughtering is good fun, & the game has a feel that is unique. I also noticed that, after playing a game of Halo afterwards, it seemed like Halo moves in slow motion. You can really zip around in the jetpack, it has a great sense of speed & mobility once you start to master the controls.

-Dan B

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I'm currently on level 5, too. I keep getting wiped out clearing out the second shaft. Does anyone know is that the final area? Or, are there others beyond it?

NateM

Agent
Donnie,

I'm not exactly sure which level you are on. If it is the Civilian Base 2 then I think there are three shafts that you have to clear.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
this game rocks, just got it tonight, but god damn its beautiful, good sounds, and lots o' killin, all done up SEGA style!

Dan B

Screenwriter
OK, bringing this one back from the dead since I've been playing the game this week.
Does anybody have any brilliant tips for the final boss? I think I have the basic technique down:I'm attacking with the Mercury Crash to make him vulnerable, then shooting with either the drive gun or heat blaster.
The main difficulty for me seems to be just avoiding his attacks & staying alive. I'm coming into the battle with an extra shield & fuel cell, too. I just got killed about 15 times in a row :angry: , after getting him down to about one-quarter health left. Maybe I just don't have "the skillz". :)
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks