What's new

grocery store in san antonio (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i am going there for siggraph next week. i really need to know grocery stores near my hotel. looks like there is no jewel / osco store like in chicago! not even dominicks.

please tell me what popular grocery stores they have in there. especially the ones that have nice website with store locator function.

thanks

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Here's one of the nicest, it's owned by H.E.B.
Central Market
4821 Broadway
(210) 368-8600
Hours:
7 am - 10 pm
Cafe Hours:
7 am - 9 pm

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
thanks guys. i will be staying in a hotel just across the street from the river center mall. my question is now : is there a grocery store there? i dont have car, i am going to be ultra busy with siggraph, so i dont think i can go too far. the problem is, i am going there with wife and one year old boy. it is gonna be a big problem if there arent a nearby grocery store.

the hotel is located on 1011 east houston street. i found a grocery store about 0.5 mile away to the east, i forgot what it was, but looks like it is quite reliable.

now if you guys have a spare time, please describe the rivercenter mall to me! can we buy fruit or vegetables or snacks or whatever there?

thx

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Don't you guys have Fiesta's like Houston? Houston also had Kroger and Food King, which I assumed were also in SA and Dallas. Oh, and Randall's was another big Houston chain.

Coming from Indy I only knew Kroger, but Randalls and Fiesta were both pretty big grocery stores (not some weird little corner place I mean).

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have anything helpful to add, but if your plans change and you do have access to a car, you absolutely MUST travel to the HEB Central Market. Central Market is hands down the best 'grocery store' you will find in the states. I live in Austin and Houston for the last 13 years, and recently moved out of Texas. I hadn't realized how much I would miss Central Market, but I would give my starboard testicular nodule if they would build one here in Virginia:)

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to agree about Central Market. It is a must. Everything there is tops especially the wine and beer selection. And don't get me started on the olive bar. I could spend all day there.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
mwahahaahah

it is funny that i get an impression that americans cant live without drinking beer!!!

i watched the professional a few days ago. i liked the movie very much that i search this forum for some discussion about it. one of the topic was about how a professional killer doesnt drink beer, but milk instead. weeeelll, thats just like me! i dont drink beer, dont smoke either, but i do drink soya bean milk everyday.

i only have one or two days for sightseeing, but i would try to go to that market. i trust your opinion. maybe i can take a taxi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks