grocery store in san antonio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Jul 15, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i am going there for siggraph next week. i really need to know grocery stores near my hotel. looks like there is no jewel / osco store like in chicago! not even dominicks.

please tell me what popular grocery stores they have in there. especially the ones that have nice website with store locator function.

thanks

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
  3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Here's one of the nicest, it's owned by H.E.B.
    Central Market
    4821 Broadway
    (210) 368-8600
    Hours:
    7 am - 10 pm
    Cafe Hours:
    7 am - 9 pm

4. felix_suwarno

thanks guys. i will be staying in a hotel just across the street from the river center mall. my question is now : is there a grocery store there? i dont have car, i am going to be ultra busy with siggraph, so i dont think i can go too far. the problem is, i am going there with wife and one year old boy. it is gonna be a big problem if there arent a nearby grocery store.

the hotel is located on 1011 east houston street. i found a grocery store about 0.5 mile away to the east, i forgot what it was, but looks like it is quite reliable.

now if you guys have a spare time, please describe the rivercenter mall to me! can we buy fruit or vegetables or snacks or whatever there?

thx

5. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Don't you guys have Fiesta's like Houston? Houston also had Kroger and Food King, which I assumed were also in SA and Dallas. Oh, and Randall's was another big Houston chain.

Coming from Indy I only knew Kroger, but Randalls and Fiesta were both pretty big grocery stores (not some weird little corner place I mean).

6. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

I don't have anything helpful to add, but if your plans change and you do have access to a car, you absolutely MUST travel to the HEB Central Market. Central Market is hands down the best 'grocery store' you will find in the states. I live in Austin and Houston for the last 13 years, and recently moved out of Texas. I hadn't realized how much I would miss Central Market, but I would give my starboard testicular nodule if they would build one here in Virginia[​IMG]

7. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

I would have to agree about Central Market. It is a must. Everything there is tops especially the wine and beer selection. And don't get me started on the olive bar. I could spend all day there.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. felix_suwarno

mwahahaahah

it is funny that i get an impression that americans cant live without drinking beer!!!

i watched the professional a few days ago. i liked the movie very much that i search this forum for some discussion about it. one of the topic was about how a professional killer doesnt drink beer, but milk instead. weeeelll, thats just like me! i dont drink beer, dont smoke either, but i do drink soya bean milk everyday.

i only have one or two days for sightseeing, but i would try to go to that market. i trust your opinion. maybe i can take a taxi.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    never mind....