What's new

GREG THE BUNNY returns! (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
But not on Fox, which is probably a good thing. On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 10:30pm EDT, IFC TV will air Fur On The Asphalt: The Greg The Bunny Reunion Show. Here's the program description from ifctv.com:

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
But those of us who do may actually get to see it, whereas if it were a Fox show, who knows?

If you're a fan, you may want to consider looking into options for access to IFC, because the reunion special is supposed to be the lead-in to new episodes debuting later this summer. I believe they'll be the short-form episodes (app. 10 min.) in which the series first appeared.

M.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
This is good news. I really enjoyed the series when it was on Fox and then watched some of the short skits online.

I have my DVR setup for Friday night!

Paul

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Woot! I just noticed I get IFC :)

I am glad this is getting a second chance. I like offbeat shows like this. This was one I watched when it was on and I will definitely watch it when it comes back.

p.s. I hope Sarah Silverman is in it.... (drool)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Although some of the cast from the Fox series will appear in the reunion special, it's unlikely that any of them will be in new episodes. If you read the synopsis of the reunion special, it's clear that they've left the fictional world of the Fox show.

Now if you're a real Sarah Silverman fan, check your cable listings for Trio TV and look for a six-part series called Pilot Season, which they're re-running in June and July. It's hilarious stuff, and she's great in it.

M.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, those who cant get IFC, you didnt really miss anything.

I was a fan of the TV show, but this special was not very special.

Although I did get to see Sarah for a short time. :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Couldn't disagree more. I thought it was hilarious, much more in the spirit of the original shorts that prompted Fox to make it into a series (after which they promptly demanded the removal of most of what made the show and the character distinctive). And I loved the "flashback" where Gregg and Seth Green remember the Fox show as a trite sitcom.

M.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I agree with Michael. I was laughing throughout the show out loud.

If you try to compare the shows to the Fox show, its a very different show. This special brought back what made the shorts unique.

It was a great return!

Paul

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Just saw it! I haven't laughed like that in awhile. Good stuff! So is this supposed to be a regular series?

Ric

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i hope it is regular.
it was a riot.

seth green is seems like he is everywere i look.
movies tv shows and that chicken show on cartoon net.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
New 10-minute episodes start on IFC on Friday, August 19, 2005 at 10:20pm, with multiple replays. Set your Season Passes!

And for those who missed the reunion special, it repeats at various times during the next week (Aug. 8-15).

M.

John-Paul

Grip
I watched it (the new episodes) last night. Better than the awfully boring "Hopeless Pictures" but not as good (IMO) as "The Festival". It was an "Annie Hall" spoof with Greg the Bunny getting it on with a lobster! Yeah, baby!
. It was kinda funny. The Woody impression grated on me though.

This was my first time experiencing some "Bunny"....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks