What's new

Gran Turismo 4 - who will race me??? (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I have been reading up on the GT4 updates and i am starting to drool! If anyone is familliar with this game series, it is arguably the best racing sim out there. I have never owned a ps1 or ps2 but I own GT1 GT2 and GT3 because the game is just that cool!. [ive had roommates or neighbors with playstations] I just got into HT and HTF when GT3 came out and I played GT3 mostly on my projector with a 130" screen, talk about totally encompasing, and a good way to use a projector bulb up real fast.

Anyway, seeing as GT4 will be online I will probably get a ps2. I was wondering if there was much interest here at the HTF for the GT series. If there is, maybe [when the game finally comes out] that we could set up a tourney and whatnot. I claim to be the fastest on the tokyo track in the world but of course there was no way of knowing. with the online feature I will be sure to find out the truth.

I know this is a bit premature because they havent set a release date for the game yet. But it would be nice to know I can find some good competition here. My roommates all suck :)

please post comments..............................

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Count me in. although its not being released forever, Im game.

Theres a pretty good online gaming site that always has tourneys. Ive been a member forever and all the guys for the most part are pretty cool. :)

OCGN.com

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
As long as you can race something other than race cars (787, GT1, ESPECIALLY escudo). The best matchup is FD vs. R34... completely different design philosophies, equally great cars.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I'm doing some time trial races with my friend right now. If anyone else wants to jump in let me know I'll post the info. Basicly just using stock cars on laguna seca right now. We're starting with the WRX sti basicly just do an oil change and then go to run and test mode in the home. So far my fastest is 1:39.398 but plenty of room for improvement I'm sure.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
OCGN will definitely have alot of GT4 games scheduled. There are a ton of members who are all over this game.

Geno

Supporting Actor
ill not only race you...ill beat you

hahahahahaha :D

well see about that!
yeah i cant wait for this game to come out. i just wish rally racing was in the same style as street racing with 6 cars on the track. myabe we could start posting new news here about the game so incase those who dont have the time to surf that much [me :)] can get all the good info.

i just hope i can put my $ where my mouth is....

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
i dont have a ps2 and i didnt plan on getting one but after playing gt3 on my friends ps2 and finding out there is a gt4 comeing out....its going to make me get a ps2...but im going to wait for the new psx2 model to come out....

Geno

Supporting Actor
I have read somewhere that the ps2 will drop in price and/or come with a free online adapter.

I just did some searching thru Google and I havent found any confirmed reports to post. But we can only hope. I wanted to wait till the PS3 came out but to to wait another 2 years? but then i started reading about this thing called PSX....Anyone heard anything about this?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised they put two cars on the track. In real rally races everyone runs one at a time. I wish they would have real rally courses instead of circuits, or drop it entirely in favor of concentrating on road racing (a better option).

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
the psx-2...... is going to have the online adapter and a hard drive built on.... and will also support progessive scan dvd movie play back.

Geno

Supporting Actor
James - I agree with your [better option]
Rally is cool for a few races but they should use the disk space for street racing only.

Josh - thanks thats how it should have been in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks