What's new

anyone excited about gran turismo 4? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i am. i bought the logitech driving force pro steering wheel, and i'm really excited to get an M5. i've been waiting for this game to come out for a long time, i cant wait just to see the car list in it. hopefully there will be the Audi R8, if there is any justice. i think GT3 was too high on the concentration of japanese cars. it would be nice to see a german car give the mazda 787, nissan 390, and the toyota gt1 some competition. if my woodworking skills were better, i'd consider building a cabinet just for this game. so, is anyone else excited about this game?

CJ

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
It was my most anticipated release for this holiday season; unfortunately, that's not going to happen. :frowning: Still, it gives me something to look forward to in 2005 (along with God Of War).

OPM #88 should be arriving in our mailboxes soon; no indication as to whether there will be a playable demo included.

Chances are good that we'll see an Audi R8 among the 700 cars (rumour is that it's the '01 Infineon LeMans).

As for the steering wheel, I'm going to wait for game to be released firstly before considering a purchase of the Pro wheel. I bought the Logitech Driving Force when it first became available (for GT3 A-Spec), only to discover later that subtle improvements were made in the revision (naturally, those news didn't sit well with me :angry: ).

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Not any more I'm not. They've pushed back the release date again. I don't wanna get it now.

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
With no online play I am less enthusiastic about this title. Online racing for console is proven fun (Midnight Club II, Burnout III, NFSU, ATV2 & 3, etc). I expect a great looking game but probably not too much new over GT3. I hope the AI is better.

I'm really looking forward to Midnight Club III...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Another Midnight Club fan! :emoji_thumbsup: Very fun game.

Any possible way online will be supported with the new release date? I'll still get it no matter what but I don't like the idea of buying another game just to play online.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I am looking forward to this game as well, but am hoping for a good representation of the M series from BMW. I too hope that there is online play and that the competition is better, all of the previous games have been way to easy. Still it is a great two player game.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

The release date on GT4 was pushed back as a result of localization issues and finalizing some features; seeing as actual game development wrapped up last month, online support will not be available when the game is released in N. America sometime in Q1 2005. However, there's a possibility that the Korean release may be online-ready, which means that GT4 will have an online mode in all regions sometime in the future.

MC3: DUB Edition will be fun to have for the customizations and as an arcade-style racer, not to mention online support on both the PS2 and Xbox. It's not a title I'll buy right off the bat, but I plan to add it to my library.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i agree with the M cars, i think these games are much too heavy on japanese cars. how sweet would it be to drive the 315 HP M coupe? not as sweet as driving it in real life, and i have, and it is sweet. but having it in gt4 would be fun too. i wish polyphony would go back and represent the old M3s and M5s. they have toyotas from the 80s, why not bmw? i'm really excited about the game, no matter when it comes out. if i became uninterested in every game that was delayed a little while, i would have missed out on some great games. i dont care about online play at all, i never play anything online, and this will be no different, for me.

CJ

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
It's not really Polyphony Digital's fault that EA and MS bought out the exclusive rights to all those Euro exotic cars. Or maybe Ferrari and Lamborghini doesn't want their cars to be associated with Japanese exotic cars. Who know. But it's a shame you can't race a Ferrari with highly modified R32s and NSXs.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i was talking about the bmw M cars. since the 2005 M5 is in the game, any lack of M cars is up to polyphony. i'll buy the game either way, but it would be nice to see a fair representation of germany's amazing cars to offset the japanese-heavy list.

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
this link is the most comprehensive page of images ive seen so far. not 56k friendly. tons of pics, even one of the volkswagen w12 concept!

CJ

Rob Silver

Stunt Coordinator
^ link. It's... it's... it's... beautiful. OMG, those caps look way better than the Gamespot caps. Man, looks like I'll have to buy a HDTV from Costco now. 32"+ maybe.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yeah those caps look great, i figured you guys saw most of the other caps, these ones were better, and better looking. hmm, did those screen caps change your mind a little bit? :)

CJ

Will.MA

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting a long time for Gran Tourismo to support online play. I wouldn't care if it was pushed back until 2006 I would still buy it. Racing the AI might be okay for some, but racing the car that I've chosen to dial in with gearing/suspension/equipment is AWESOME. Lots of people can play arcade racing, but only this game will reward the racers that understand how to fine-tune a chassis for a given high speed environment. The only thing better for me is racing 1/8 scale gas on asphalt (that's as close to real racing as my budget will allow).

It's going to be a glorious day when GT4 comes to my home theater.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I was planning to get this game anyway, but if it seriously looks like that during actual gameplay, I'm going to DRIVE REALLY FAST to BestBuy on the day it comes out.

Martin.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
for anyone who uses the logitech driving force pro steering wheel with gt3, have you tried the 900 degree mode? i found it absolutely unplayable. i hope gt4 makes improvements in this area, but i doubt i would even play gt4 if the 900 degree mode felt the same as it does in gt3.

CJ

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Too bad it won't look nearly as good on a TV screen--jaggies galore.

I was really excited about this title once upon a time when online play was still part of the package. Now, not so much. Heck, I haven't even finished GT3 :D , which reminds me that I need to. With everything else I need to play, I might even wait until GT4 gets to the Greatest Hits bargain bin :eek:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
it certainly will. you just have to know how to unlock it. i am thinking that because 900 degree mode was not specifically developed for GT3 is the reason why i am having great difficulty. as long as gt4 was developed with 900 degree mode always on the mind, i'll be ok. if it plays like GT3 in 900 degree mode, i hope you can disable it and play in 200 degree mode. for those with the wheel, if you would like to unlock 900 degree mode with GT3, hit select, R3, and the right paddle simultaneously. i think you can do this any time after the wheel has initialized. you will hear a click, and the other green light will light up. repeat the process to bring back 200 degree mode.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks