What's new

Gr-Research av1 baffle tweeter hole not flush, is this normal? (1 Viewer)

HungLe

Agent
I recently bought a pair of gr-research av1 kit with baffles. I started drilling screw holes for the drivers and realized that the tweeter is not flush to the baffles sent to me. It is about 1-2 mm above the surface. Is it supposed to be this way?? And because the tweeter is not flush, the woofer, which mounts over the tweeter is not flat against the baffle surface too. I am really worry since I already glued the baffles on before checking.

I shot an email to Danny about this but since this is the weekend, I am afraid he probably won't respond till monday. So I decided to post here.

AllanRW

Second Unit
I think it may be for space for veneer to have the driver flush once the cabinet is veneered.I could be wrong but that is what I do.

Al

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I believe Alan is correct, but did you plan to veneer your cabinets? If not, and you're going to paint them or use vinyl, just use thicker woofer gasket than came with the kit.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I've never noticed a tweeter that wasn't completely flush with the baffles even before veneering. Have you tried this with both baffles?

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
Only if the tweeter is just setting in the hole will it stick up slightly.

1) The gasket material on the tweeter will crush down some when tightening it, and that should make it nearly flush.

2) The added thickness of the veneer has to be compensated for too. The surface area will come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks