What's new

Got questions for Mr George Feltenstein of the Warner Archive Collection? Ask em here! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeTogo84

Agent
Real Name
Ben
Three questions:

1. Will WAC/Warner have access to the restoration work that Second Sight is doing with The Hitcher in the UK?

2. WAC has about 200 Golden Harvest titles. Any updates on when we might see any in the line?

3. Is George a fan of Charles Bronson and should we expect anymore titles with him in the future?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Any plans for the Warner-owned Abbott and Costello films? These are the last A&C holdouts for blu-ray.

Definitely another one of the most important questions. I'd give most anything for a remastered blu of "In Hollywood". I know "Lost in a Harem" and "Capt Kidd" are also missing, but they aren't as high a priority for me personally.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Honestly, I would like to ask about titles as much as the next guy. Obviously, we all have our lists and we share some of the same wants. On the title question, rather than being specific, maybe just ask a general question like:

Are there any titles you would like to discuss or future releases you would like to or can highlight now?

I know that is not what people are looking for but obviously asking about all the titles we have an interest in is not going to happen.

Maybe just a question like:

What is the approach to selecting titles that get the archive treatment?

I mean, I would thank the guy for all the great work they have already done and say that I hope that work continues as there are still many pictures we'd all love to see.

Jtchance1

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I’ll be interviewing Mr Feltenstein Monday night on Home Theater United and he has graciously offered to try to answer a number of HTF inquiries. I’m sure you all have your favorite titles you’d like info on but I’m even more interested in knowing if you have questions about his role or the industry at large. So fire away!

Sam and Home Theater United
I would like to ask Mr. Feltenstein about the viability of 1950’s 3D releases. I believe the RKO titles have element issues but I wonder about the Warner Brothers releases.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
1) Any chance of the complete Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies being available on disc or on HBO Max?

2) The Bugs Bunny Show (1960-1962) with original interstitial animation on disc?

3) Any more 1950s 3-D catalog titles on Blu-ray?

4) The Alaskans(1959-1960) starring Roger Moore on disc?

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
Would classic cartoons be a possibility for 4K UHD?

It seems like Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry and Fleischer Popeye and Superman would be perfect for that format and be decent sellers. If WB thinks those won't sell on UHD, that raises serious questions of what they think would sell.

In more general terms, has the popularity of Toon In With Me on MeTV been any help in getting classic cartoons out on disc?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I guess there are a few of us interested in 3-D. What George needs to know is that the 3-D Film Archive can also provide an anaglyphic version for 2D TV's.

#7 - Camps

Recent thread devoted largely to one question for George: Will we ever see any of the remaining classic-3D WB and RKO titles on 3D blu ray? (And if not... why not...?) :):

#61 - RolandL

With the large volume of 1950's 3D titles, any chance to work with The 3D Film Archive?

#83 - Josh Steinberg

Is there any interest in pursuing a cost effective release strategy of classic 3D titles that Warner controls the rights to, while the limited market that supports that format on disc still exists?

#85 - Jtchance1

Feltenstein about the viability of 1950’s 3D releases. I believe the RKO titles have element issues but I wonder about the Warner Brothers releases.

#87 - Timothy E

Any more 1950s 3-D catalog titles on Blu-ray?

#90 - revgen

Are there any plans to bring WB's massive vintage 3-D film library to 3D Blu-Ray?

Last edited:

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I think a better way of questioning other than specific titles, which in most cases I don't believe Mr. F. would answer, would be more generic such as:

Are more titles starring Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, Elizabeth Taylor, Esther Williams, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Lucille Ball, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, Marx Brothers, etc. in the pipeline for future release? Or ask him if there are any stars with future releases that he can discuss.

Are any of the extensive 3-D holdings of Warner in consideration for eventual Blu-ray release?

My thoughts for what it's worth.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dear Mr. Posten ... will you be posting a summary of any news once the interview is over?
Nope but I’d welcome anyone here who wants to do a transcript to do so. My personal opinion is that shows should be enjoyed as shows, not bullet points. I get that not everyone has the desire to listen to HTU but it’s not my responsibility to make it easier for you to skip the show :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Nope but I’d welcome anyone here who wants to do a transcript to do so. My personal opinion is that shows should be enjoyed as shows, not bullet points. I get that not everyone has the desire to listen to HTU but it’s not my responsibility to make it easier for you to skip the show :)
When will this podcast be available for a listen?

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Remaining WB Kazan films on Blu-ray : "Splendor in the Grass", "America America" and "The Arrangement"

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
My question is this (though I suspect I know the answer):

Does Warners ever intend to continue the MOD DVD program? I appreciated the release of hundreds of titles of obscure and little known films that would never have seen the light of day otherwise. Many of them are in less than pristine conditions but not everything needs to be in HD to be enjoyed. It was through the WA MOD program that I discovered Kay Francis and have 14 of her films via the Warners MOD DVD program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks