What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Got questions for Mr George Feltenstein of the Warner Archive Collection? Ask em here! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I’ll be interviewing Mr Feltenstein Monday night on Home Theater United and he has graciously offered to try to answer a number of HTF inquiries. I’m sure you all have your favorite titles you’d like info on but I’m even more interested in knowing if you have questions about his role or the industry at large. So fire away!

Sam and Home Theater United

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I genuinely would love to know when Kangaroo Jack is coming to Blu-ray. I'm not saying it's more deserving than other titles, but it would be an easy one to put out and it does deserve a Blu-ray.

Also if a re-pressing of Free Willy is a possibility

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
About two years ago (back when the Archive podcast was still running), I asked Mr. Feltenstein about the elements status of the 1937 version of The Prisoner of Zenda and he stated that the negative and the second-generation dupe were lost and you’d have to search archives worldwide for good elements. Have there been any updates on that film since then?

Also, any chance for more 50’s-60’s historical epics from the Archives as I absolutely love the restored Blu-ray of Ivanhoe?

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
A Summer Place. On Bluray. I keep trying on this one. The DVD mostly sucked. Wouldn't mind seeing Caged either, but that isn't going to happen. Even though it currently carries a 7.6 rating on IMDB. That isn't chicken feed. Maybe they should consider farming some of their titles instead of squeezing out a couple of Blu-rays a month.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
1663200816382.png

We have a whole recent thread devoted largely to one question for George: Will we ever see any of the remaining classic-3D WB and RKO titles on 3D blu ray? (And if not... why not...?) :):

80s-forever

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
If I remember correctly, I thought it was said that this year would be a big year for animation fans. And that some H/B titles were being worked on. With only 2 months left November and December whose titles haven't been announced yet, is there any hope for animation before the new year? My dream is for Pirates of Dark Water on blu-ray! And Cat's don't dance, R/B The Hobbit &The Wind in the Willows.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
My Question, two as a matter of fact. I know you now have a deal with the Criterion Collection...any chance of a definitive release of SUPERMAN (with all three versions together for the first time in one collection) with the 45th Anniversary coming next year? Also, I have been hearing that the 1927 silent masterpiece LOVE has been on tour worldwide with a live orchestra—any chance of a remastered version of it coming in 2023?

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
I genuinely would love to know when Kangaroo Jack is coming to Blu-ray. I'm not saying it's more deserving than other titles, but it would be an easy one to put out and it does deserve a Blu-ray.

Also if a re-pressing of Free Willy is a possibility
I believe Free Willy, being a Regency title, is now with Disney/20th, just as HEAT is now.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
- Will we soon have the return of the 5-7 titles a month release pace?
- If a title question can be presented, are there plans for Random Harvest on bluray?
Don’t want to overwhelm with suggestions, but there are some TRULY classic titles (an overused term in many instances of late, obviously dependent on taste and probably generation of the film fan) yet unreleased on Blu-ray. I strongly agree with Random Harvest (I heard Greer Garson in person list it as her favorite film of hers at the USA Film Festival tribute to Mervyn LeRoy), and also would urge consideration of Dear Heart (1964) with the luminous and touching Geraldine Page, Glenn Ford and Angela Lansbury. It is a film beloved by many.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
There are two main questions that I would like to ask:
1) On the WHV front, are there any other musicals from the golden age of Hollywood in the works for release on UHD?
2) On the WAC front (and if I can only have one question answered, this is the one that I would like to know about), are they close to working on any of the remaining 8 RKO Astaire/Rogers films? These pretty much are my most wanted films on blu at this point, and I'd like to know if there's any hope for them in the near future.
(Also, if I'm not pressing my luck already, I'm curious to know if there is any hope for more Marge and Gower Champion films on blu.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emking
Recent bookmarks