What's new

Got Knight Rider on Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ive watched a few Episodes in Season 1. In the original Universal Release, Episodes at the end of Season 1 played the theme and showed KItt and Michael driving down the Highway. I don't see that in the first few eps in Season one. Also in Knight of the Phoenix, When the 2 Crooks are planning to Steal Kitt outside the Bar, they are discussing it and all you can see is the roof of KITT ..I Cant say I'm happy about this

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What does the packaging look like on this Mill Creek Blu-Ray release of Knight Rider?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The S1 ending with the road and a final Richard Basehart narration wasn't there for the entire season as I recall. A cross-check I think would be helpful before assuming some kind of alteration has happened.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The S1 ending with the road and a final Richard Basehart narration wasn't there for the entire season as I recall. A cross-check I think would be helpful before assuming some kind of alteration has happened.

That is true-- maybe what the OP thinks is a major alteration was the way it originally was on NBC then.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for reviews on this set (and Miami Vice) before I buy. I see that Amazon has them both in-stock now, at the low price of only $99.99 each (which is their full MSRP). They can be found at several other sites for $50-$60.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I ordered both Miami Vice and Knight Rider on Blu Ray from DeepDiscount. They have MV for $49.99 and KR was $52.99. I've read reviews where the PC is good on MV and on KR too. People are complaining though that the audio has some issues on the MV Blu Rays and the discs are stacked in twos in their cases for both releases.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I'm waiting for reviews on this set (and Miami Vice) before I buy. I see that Amazon has them both in-stock now, at the low price of only $99.99 each (which is their full MSRP). They can be found at several other sites for $50-$60.
Amazon at one point had MV at $56.99 then it went back up to $59.99 and now to $99.99. Fans of the show are buying it and I think that's why the price went up! Great demand for it so lets raise that price...LOL

MattHR

Screenwriter
I decided to take a chance on KR and Miami Vice, since DeepDiscount had a 15% off sale price (bringing them down to about $40 and $45 each).

As of today, Amazon isn't taking orders for MV, and KR is only available from third-party sellers. Strange.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I decided to take a chance on KR and Miami Vice, since DeepDiscount had a 15% off sale price (bringing them down to about $40 and $45 each).

As of today, Amazon isn't taking orders for MV, and KR is only available from third-party sellers. Strange.

I got both from DeepDiscount before the sale. I have to say that with PQ(Picture Quality) the edge goes to Knight Rider. It has the better picture and audio. Miami Vice PQ is good too but for some reason the audio is low and muff. I also own the original Knight Rider big box complete DVD release.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I cancelled my order for MV before it shipped after reading some more-detailed reviews of the major audio problems. That is apparently the reason Amazon has suspended taking orders for it.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Inside the Blu-Ray lot releases of Miami Vice and Knight Rider (I was wondering how the Blu-Ray lot of Knight Rider was actually packaged, and thanks to this unboxing video, now I know)

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron

Inside the Blu-Ray lot releases of Miami Vice and Knight Rider (I was wondering how the Blu-Ray lot of Knight Rider was actually packaged, and thanks to this unboxing video, now I know)

I think both are worth buying. I am glad I got them! I was a Dallas fan and didn't get to see MV when it first aired. KR was always a favorite of mine.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I just bought the Miami Vice DVDs over the past two years. Naturally the show then gets released on Blu ray! I'll probably pick it up though. A few episodes like "Smuggler's Blues" looked awful.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I have found at least one edited episode so far. Knight of the Drones is presented in two parts instead of one as it is on the Dvd set. The scene where Kitt's new functions are revealed in the semi is missing. I have not checked the other double length episodes yet.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I checked the rest of the double episodes. They are presented in their original 2 hr formats. Knight of the Drones is the only one split into two parts and edited.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I checked the rest of the double episodes. They are presented in their original 2 hr formats. Knight of the Drones is the only one split into two parts and edited.

Why is "Knight of the Drones" presented syndicated, unlike all the other 2-hr. shows, including the pilot?

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Because I believe the syndicated version of Knight of the Drones omits the scene where a Prince song is played. There is another episode in season 3, Dead of Knight, that wasn't on Netflix or any digital downloads because of a Prince song. Could someone check Dead of Knight on the blu ray to see how they handle that scene. Its the scene where Michael picks up a poisoned dancer and puts her in KITT. Its at about the 30 minute mark. The dancer is dancing to no music in the dvd version where there should be a Prince song playing. I don't know why they don't just use the silent versions of those scenes like the dvd had instead of using the syndicated cut.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD version of Knight of the Drones on my original Universal DVD is not the syndicated version. It is the original 2 hr edition with the missing scenes. I do not know why this version was not included. There is a scene in both where music appears to be missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks