What's new

Got Knight Rider on Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
The dvd version of Knight of the Drones is the original 2 hour version. It just silenced the song. The dvd version does use the wrong opening credits. Knight of the Drones has a unique opening credit that does not reveal KITT's new dash. The dvd uses the regular season 3 opening credits. Don't know which version is on the blu ray.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just checked Amazon on these titles and Knight Rider is back down to $56. Miami Vice is back in stock but priced at $99. Mill Creek has been quoted as stating that they are looking into the complaints regarding the Miami Vice audio. In the meantime, users are reporting that the included original 2.0 surround tracks don't have the audio issues.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
There are two good things about the Knight Rider lot DVD from Mill Creek (I have that version, and not the Blu-Ray, so I don't know if it's the same on the Blu-Ray), and both involve production logos:

--First, we don't get the annoying current 20-sec. Universal logo music at the top of every episode. On the original second-season (1983-84) Universal Knight Rider double-sided release (and, I believe, even on the newer second-season release on singles from Universal), that 20-second Universal music was at the top of every episode, and was unskippable, so if you wanted to get to the episode, you either had to endure that music, or search to about the :20 or :21 mark. I mean, come on-- don't we realize that we are seeing what was a Universal series then?! They ought not have done that, IMO.

--Secondly, each episode has the Glen Larson and older Universal logos at the end, as they were then on NBC. When I had originally had that second-season release, I expected the older Universal logo at the end of each episode after the Glen Larson logo, but it was nowhere to be found (possibly because Universal had put that current logo [or next-to-current logo] at the top of every show). Mill Creek's release has both though, and that, IMO, makes it far better than the original Universal releases.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have found at least one edited episode so far. Knight of the Drones is presented in two parts instead of one as it is on the Dvd set. The scene where Kitt's new functions are revealed in the semi is missing. I have not checked the other double length episodes yet.

I noticed that also. It seemed Odd to me

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I notice there don't seem to be any extras (as in Knight Rider 2000 not being included as it was on the original release in Season 1 Set)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I notice there don't seem to be any extras (as in Knight Rider 2000 not being included as it was on the original release in Season 1 Set)

Knight Rider 2000 should have been included in the Blu-ray set, even if it was in SD. Since its post-production was done on video, I doubt Universal had any intention of going back to its original film elements (if they still even exist) to produce a new HD master.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I pulled my Blu ray series set out over the weekend and watched All of the 2 Hour special Episodes. I am not sure why Knight of the Drones Syndicated version was put on the blu ray. Im wondering if that had something to do with the agreement with Mill Creek and Universal. I need to watch the Original universal releases and see if the same applies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks