Gorillaz and SVS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy Anderson, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

I'm the proud owner of an S1000/SVS CS-Ultra, and bought the Gorillaz CD yesterday.

Holy crap, y'all--that's some bass. Anyone here able to sample this one on a sub capable of scraping the bottom end? Track 7 has some ridiculously superlow bass in the intro that makes my skin crawl. It's nuts! Anyone waterfall that one? I want to know the frequency on that crazy rumbling!

Andy

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Love that album! That's low, but not the lowest I own - BT's "Dreaming (Science dept's Friends and Familiy Mix)" has some of the lowest stuff I've heard. I use that track as a sub test, since in the middle of the song it is in the low 20s to teens. [​IMG]

3. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I'm pretty sure someone said the original Portishead album has quite a few subsonics on it...

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yes, the first Portishead album has some good low stuff. So does Everything But the Girl - "Amplified Heart". The Cure - "Mixed Up" has some rediculously low stuff, and the new Nine Inch Nails DVD "All That Could Have Been" has a lot of good lows.

5. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

Really? A friend of mine is a Portishead fan--I'll have to borrow that one from him. Thanks!