What's new

Google Maps - looking good (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Is there anything Google sucks at??

http://local.google.com/maps

Very nifty map website. Double click on the area you want and just zoom in. The streets are easy to read, and the way it sorts out and displays directions is great too. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not usually, and certainly not lately. i love looking around their entire site to see what kind of projects they have going.

CJ

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Those are darn nice maps and a good interface. IMHO better than mapblast or mapquest.

I just hope they get an option to display and print each segment of all the maps.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You can already look at and print the maps, what are you talking about?

WOW. If you click, hold, and move around the mouse cursor, the map moves with it!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to try the directions next time I need them. Mapquest has screwed me up SO many times :angry:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Mapquest has too many unecessary details. It takes them 5 lines to tell you how to merge onto a friggin highway.

I much prefer Yahoo for directions. Much more concise because it doesn't treat you like an idiot .

--
H

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks, I love the map sites. I'm enjoying some of the Google Map features, but it does have problems. One of my favorite tests is to ask for directions, but only give Zip codes. In my town this invariably starts you off on an odd side street, in a slum.
I did this with Google and they sent me from the oldest cemetery in town to a cemetery in another nearby small town. Eerie, spooky, strange, weird and odd.
Giving it my address to two other locations, both times it thought I ought to be able to drive where there is no road for a couple of miles and go through a creek.
A member of the Carter Family (country music legends) died in Maces Springs Va recently. MSN Maps knows where that is but Google has never heard of it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad I saw this thread. :) I love the look of these maps, especially how they scale to fit the web page. Cool stuff!

Edit: I do notice one flaw: No scale.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you can scroll side to side and up and down as far as far as you want.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

I know exactly what you mean. I test out map sites on places I know and they always seem to start you out and end you in the least desirable place that is the last place anyone who doesn't live there should be.

Still, Google Maps is looking pretty good.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I zoomed way in on an area of the Yukon Territory, and my screen showed all white.

I don't know if this was a map or a photograph.:D

Pretty cool.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks