What's new

Good Universal Remotes (1 Viewer)

Rob Tenniswood

Stunt Coordinator
So I've got just about everything I wanted to get...and the half-dozen remotes that came with everything. Now I'm looking to get one Uber-Remote. I was wondering if the Sony RM-VL900 was a good one? If not, what should I get. I've only got about $70 to spend on the remote, so no Pronto for me :-(
Thanks
-Rob

Evan Hartnett

Stunt Coordinator
It all depends on what you need it for... The rm-vl900 is good but I have a replay TV and it was a pain trying to remember just what buttons were programmed for each function. I ended up getting the JBL TC-1000 (touchscreen that can be setup via PC) and so far I like it. Check Ebay for lower prices on remotes, you can find some really good deals (The Sony AV2100 seems to end around $60 so the 900 should be much cheaper). Also, check www.remotecentral.com for more info than you'll ever need about remotes.

BorisM

Stunt Coordinator
I also have the JBL TC-1000. I got it direct from JBL on ebay for $65. JBL runs a storeon ebay. Great value.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I got one of those TC-1000...labeled a Madrigal IRIQ. Its really a very nice touchscreen remote for the money. I just wish there were more discreet codes available. Macros are great to set-up, even macros within a macro (is that right?)

Andre F

Screenwriter
For just a few bucks more (anywhere from 30.00 and up depending on where you shop) you can get the Sony RM-AV3000 Universal Remote Commander. I've had it for a few months and love it.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
For about $30 the One For All and Radio Shack remotes are great, and with the info on www.hifi-remote.com you should be able to get it to control almost everything. The Radio Shack 15-1994 remote that I have is excellent but it has long since been replaced by the 15-2104 which is still good but nowhere near as good as the 15-1994. One For All Cinema 7 is now the better choice, although you will have to do some research on the previously mentioned remotecentral web site because I believe that there is a new model that is replacing the Cinema 7. With both of these remotes you can't label your buttons so you may have the issue that Evan mentioned that it is a pain to remember which buttons you programmed your functions to. But the price can't be beat for the functionality that you can program into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks