What's new

Need a new/better multi Remote (1 Viewer)

99dart

Auditioning
Real Name
Pat
I thought I'd better post the question in this category... I need some help finding a good universal remote. I have been using a Logitech Harmony Companion/hub for a little over a year. It has been the most frustrating piece of technology (ha, you thought I was going to say $hyte) I have ever tried to use! I have reset/reprogramed multiple times, now it quit working all together. I have a very basic system. Older Sony Bravia tv, Sony AV receiver, Directv box & Firestick. So, anyone have advise for an old dude that really hates programing remotes! Thanks guys.

Pat (99dart)

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might just want a basic learning/programmable remote like This one. A combination learning/programmable remote allows you to load entire code sets for each device, but still allows you to customize (learn) individual buttons to do something different. It takes time to program, but it doesn't try to be so "smart" as a Harmony, which is where the frustration comes from. There's no hub, so you will have to aim the remote at the components. There are just programmable remotes as well, but the combination of being able to load codes for each device as well as custom program buttons is a nice combination. And it's cheap. There's another one with an LCD is you want that.

99dart

Auditioning
Real Name
Pat
You might just want a basic learning/programmable remote like This one. A combination learning/programmable remote allows you to load entire code sets for each device, but still allows you to customize (learn) individual buttons to do something different. It takes time to program, but it doesn't try to be so "smart" as a Harmony, which is where the frustration comes from. There's no hub, so you will have to aim the remote at the components. There are just programmable remotes as well, but the combination of being able to load codes for each device as well as custom program buttons is a nice combination. And it's cheap. There's another one with an LCD is you want that.
Thanks for the reply. My components are mounted sideways so need an RF remote or hub type.

Attachments

• 16229268619257778420953300242403.jpg
    16229268619257778420953300242403.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The solution to that would be an IR repeater, instead of a hub. Then you can use any remote you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks