Good 5 or 6 shelve av rack?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Richard Mass, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Richard Mass

Richard Mass Agent

Anyone have a suggestion for a novice about where to buy or what brand to go with as far as a good value 5 or 6 shelve av rack?

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I happen to like THIS rack from BDI. If I were in the market for an A/V rack, that's the one I'd get.
    Also, look around for stuff from Bell'o, Salamander, Boltz and check to see if Ikea has anything to fit the bill.
    Good luck![​IMG]

3. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

4. DaveLenhert

DaveLenhert Stunt Coordinator

Leo suggested some of the popular racks.

I for one have a Salamander, they are very nice, but expensive. The reason I like it is that there is stuff that I want to "hide", like 2 amps, VCR, Monster Power Center, etc, so I got one with sides and a door and will shortly add and "open" extension on to it so I can place the stuff I use all of the time, HTPC, CDP, Pre/Pro, Tuner, etc.

The glass racks look VERY nice, but when I was looking at the Bello's I was afraid that I might break the glass trying to install the heavy amps and such.

As for stores, I bought from a local dealer that so if it was dammaged during shipping I wouldn't have to return it to the online store.

-Dave

5. Kimo Bonnelycke

Kimo Bonnelycke Stunt Coordinator

Every once in a while you can find some good component shelves at Circuit City. That is where I got mine.

Kimo B.

6. MikeTz

MikeTz Stunt Coordinator

Richard:

I've got good prices and free shipping at www.racksandstands.com and they have a large selection.

MT