What's new

Gilligan's Island Season 2 (1 Viewer)

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Oh thanks on the answer.

Yes I hope soon for a season 3.

I hope they do something about the double sided DVD's.

What do you think of them doing a 6 or 5 single sided.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Hi, I'm missing a disc from my copy of Gilligan's Island Season 2 box! Does anyone have the studio's telephone number? I'm having trouble with my internet source for an exchange and I'd rather just deal with the studio. Thanks.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Since I own a DVD jukebox that holds 301 discs, and flips over the discs to play the other side, I hope they continue with the double-disc format, but I'm sure I'm the minority.
Anyway, I doubt they'll go to 5 or 6 single-sided discs, because it would add to the final cost of the product.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody noticed a problem with the play all? I know it skipped Ghost a-Go-Go on D3SA. The episode is there and plays just fine. I'm pretty sure I had the same problem on another disc, but I can't remember which one.

When I'm ready to stop watching a disc, I generally just turn the DVD player off during the open credits of an episode and when I'm ready to continue the DVD player resumes where it left off.

I've not had this happen with any other shows, anyone else 'miss' an episode using the play all feature?

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
I did the play all on disc 1. I didn't notice, never bothered to notice that.

And to the above wow a dvd jukebox I have heard of them. But they will flip the disc over to play the other side. My friend has one and it doesn't. He has a few movies that has both in wide and normal, they are doublesided.

Afer watching s2 I can't go back to s1 cause of it being in B&W. But I agree both sets look so good quality.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Just got through watching the complete 2nd season. This show has to be on the top of the list when it comes to re-watchability. It never gets old with me, I've seen each episode at least 200 times in my life and never get tired of them, bring on season 3!

One thing though...did anyone else notice the very last episode had what looked like a different shot of the stranded boat and the opening credits? It seemed different, maybe as if the credit sequence came from season 3 perhaps? Also, while the rest of the episodes look awesome (with colors not seen on any of today's shows), that last episode did appear a tiny bit washed as compared with the rest. Anyone else pick that up or am I seeing things?

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
No, Never noticed that. But same with me I've seen GI alot and can't wait for season 3.

I never remember the final 2 episodes b4 the series ended. But I just recently saw Rescue from GI, and have seen the Harlem Globetrotters visit episode.

I never saw the other GI special. I hope they come in the next season.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
A reviewer on Amazon claims that during the Russian astronaut episode, you can't hear the Skipper snoring (a plot point)....he/she compared it to a taped episode and you could clearly hear it....can someone with the set confirm this.

I've got a cheap public domain copy of Rescue, but it would be fantastic if they included the 3 films either with the third season, or as a set of their own! I'd also like to see that Survivng Gilligan's Island special released again (the current DVD is OOP), or included as a supplement. I wonder if anything will ever be done with Gilligan's Planet? ;)

As for the 6 disc/Double sided disc issue, the R4 release (which I have reviewed here was on 6 discs, and it looked pretty damn good. They also managed to keep the cost to a minimum ($59.95 RRP Australian or $46 US - which may seem expensive to you guys, but is pretty standard for a 6 disc box here - and really, that is only $7 more than the RRP for the set in the US, and it could be had cheaper here if you shopped around).

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
THANK YOU VERY MANY KINDLY

I liked the episode on the astronaut one. But couldn't remember if I watch that episode again, I'll see if the skipper is snoring. He did though in a few but couldn't remember in this ep.

Phil.Br

Auditioning

They are right. There's no snoring until the underscore finishes and Gilligan starts speaking, then you can hear the Skipper snoring.
I wonder if the underscore is different on the taped version. Perhaps they had to change the underscore, and hence remove the snoring, due to legal problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks