What's new

Ghost in the Shell 2 on December 28th! (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Besure to write them and tell them why. Not buying a title doesn't directly communicate a specific message to a vendor...writing them a letter telling them *why* you didn't buy does.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
A friend of mine heard that the company was going to fix the problem but there wouldn't be any announcement. The new discs would just kinda show up on the shelves whenever. Has anyone else heard about this?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Copied and pasted from the DVDtalk boards about the GitS 2 subtitle issue:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thanks for the update, Matt. Hopefully Andy will continue to report here when something comes of this (but the IGN board is the place to be). Thankfully GoFish is aware and discussing it. Thankfully the word of the consumers also went about starting this discussion.

"Debating"? Here are some past examples.

Rhino's Dream Theater Live in Budokan exchange was the best: Just e-mail them your address and they sent you a replacement.

MGM's 007 exchange way back when was good: Let us print a postage-paid label and mail it back.

Bandai's GitS:SAC was pretty good: Send them back the disc and they refunded your postage.

Universal's BTTF/JP-DTS was typical: Send them the disc, they send you the replacement. Fair trade.

So GoFish/DreamWorks has several examples to follow.

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
They aren't sure just how to do this. It's a small company, after all. They are mostly trying to figure out how to do it. They may end up doing like New Line did with the bum TTT discs. Hopefully I will know early next week.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is very good news. Thanks for the info, Matt. So will the new runs have a different serial number? A "V.2" or whatever?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
UPDATE: I stand corrected! Thanks, Matt.

http://www.bandai-ent.com/retailers/ (PDF)

On July 11, they will be releasing TWO more editions of this music video anthology and this time they are using a cover that the fans wanted in the first place! (Batou's dog with the broken android on the ground)

2nd Version 1st Version
Music Video Anthology
Two additional bonus tracks
$24.98 SRP

3rd Version 2nd Version
Special Edition: Music Video Anthology (Limited Edition)
Embossed Case
Includes Soundtrack CD and Music Video Anthology DVD
Seven Anamorphic Widescreen Music Videos plus Two Bonus Videos
$34.98 SRP

Will the subtitles be correct? Will you double-dip?

For the TV-DVD Thread: Bandai will also rerelease Cowboy Bebop: The Sessions on remastered DVD!

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
These are just tracks from the soundtrack with visuals from the movie accompanying them.
It's a music video collection, basically.

-The movie itself is not on either of those.-

Also, Bandai didn't have anything to do with the GitS 2 DVD release.

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Joy! I'll be double-dipping for sure if the subs are fine. I still have my crappy version, and also bought one of the "fixed" V4 copies.

Woohoo!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Sorry, Bryant. Matt is right. After a thorough rereading of the retailer memos, it is not the movie. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks