What's new

George RR Martin's Song of Ice & Fire Series (1 Viewer)

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know how many of you are into this fantasy book series but an update about book four: A Feast for Crows will be released fall 2002 (I was hoping abit sooner). A Dance of Dragons will be book five. Anyone that likes fantasy or even great fiction should check this series out.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Great series, I thought the next installment would be released a little sooner. Thanks for the update.
------------------
My DVD's

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
Kinda dissapointed to hear that the next installment is so far off. I thought that it was only going to be a trilogy. I recently bought all three (Thanks Half.com) and am 200 pages into the first. Now that I know there is going to be at least a 4th one, I am a little annoyed. I am looking forward to book 7 in the Sword of Truth series coming this month and am waiting for what seems to be book 136 in the Wheel of Time series. These guys should have learned a little more from Tolkein and figure out that there should be an ending in sight at some time soon. Does anyone know if there is an approximate book count for the Song of Fire and Ice?
Mike

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator
There was suppose to be six books in the series but that was when A Dance of Dragons was going to be Book 4. Now since A Feast of Crows is Book 4 & Dragons is going to be 5, I guess the series is going to be 7 (provided there are enough major characters left alive to take the series that far).

Joe D

Supporting Actor
This is an incredible series. The books always keep you guessing, and they're extrememly hard to put down. The stories and the characters are just great. I can't recommend this series enough to anyone that enjoys reading.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I rarely, if ever, read fantasy. But, thanks to the internet and many posters on numerous forums, I picked up A Clash Of Kings to see if it was just overrabid hype.
It wasn't. This series is absolutely incredible and I would recommend it to anyone that reads for pleasure.
Another one to recommend is Steven Erikson's Gardens Of The Moon, and Deadhouse Gates( which is incredibly violent and one character, Coltrane, could fit in as a character in GRRM's books.) Gardens Of The Moon begins in the middle of a battle. In fact, many people would be put off by the way he wrote it, but, Deadhouse Gates more than makes up for it in spades.
I highly recommend this series(which is going to be a 10 book series) for anyone that like fantasy(There is a lot of mages and magic in the series).
A Song Of Ice And Fire, though, wow, it's in a league of it's own.

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
This is another one of the neverending series that is going to sit on my 'to-read' pile until it's finished. It gets pretty frustrating waiting 2-3 years for the next installation of a story! Then again... it is nice to have a very encompassing story.
For those into SciFi, check out this forum :
http://www.sffworld.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I love this series! Too bad I'll be waiting so long for the next book
frown.gif

-Max

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
From reading on Martin's webpage, I guess the 3rd book won't even make it to softcover until 2003. I guess they want to milk the 1rst 3 books.
Bantam Spectra has just informed me of their plans to issue the first three volumes (and presumably the later ones as well) as trade paperbacks. This will be the first time that the books have been available in this format in the American market. All three volumes will be released simultaneously in trade paperback in June, 2002. This will also be the first American paperback edition of A STORM OF SWORDS.
The mass market paperback of A STORM OF SWORDS will be postponed until some time in 2003. The exact pub date has not yet been set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks