What's new

Gallo TR-3 "shutdown"/cutoff (1 Viewer)

Mr. Larsen

Auditioning
Real Name
Ørjan
Hi everyone.

I need help with an issue with my subwoofers.

My home theater is based on Gallo speakers, I have strada in front and center, a'diva as surround and atmos speakers along with 2 Gallo TR-3 subwoofers. I'm using Marantz SR7013 as Receiver. Now that I live an house I've been able to really pump up the volumes to new levels. Over time it seem that this has revealed a weird issue that seem to have been creeping up on me. I purchased the receiver last summer where this issue were not present but the past 2-3 months this issue seem ot become more and more frequent.

When playing either music (stereo) or movies (atmos) the subwoofers stops playing and hi. This happens at different times so it doesn't seem to be related to the receiver cutting off subwoofer signal. To get the subwoofers working again I have to power cycle them and they'll start playing immediately. Power cycling the receiver does not help.

I can't figure out what is causing this, but I'm thinking it might be related to heating where they can't handle the level I'm playing at over time. But at the same time I find it weird as the room I'm in isn't very warm and I haven't had this issue before when playing at high levels.

Any tips on how to proceed with figuring out what is causing this? Does anyone know what could cause subwoofers to behave like this?

Thanks.

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
When playing either music (stereo) or movies (atmos) the subwoofers stops playing and hi. This happens at different times so it doesn't seem to be related to the receiver cutting off subwoofer signal. To get the subwoofers working again I have to power cycle them and they'll start playing immediately. Power cycling the receiver does not help.

I can't figure out what is causing this, but I'm thinking it might be related to heating where they can't handle the level I'm playing at over time. But at the same time I find it weird as the room I'm in isn't very warm and I haven't had this issue before when playing at high levels.

If power cycling the subs make them instantly start playing again it's unlikely to be a thermal shutdown because not enough time has passed for the amp to have cooled down sufficiently for the protection circuit to reset itself. Since both of them shut down at the same time that suggests something in common, with the most likely component being the receiver. Unless the receiver is sending a very high current to the sub out connection I can't imagine what the receiver could be doing that would cause the subwoofer amp to protect itself though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks