What's new

Futureshop having Big Sale on TV on DVD (Canada Only) (1 Viewer)

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Just a heads up. These are listed in the current flyer that is good until July 22. The ad says they are "price drops"

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
They are permanent price reductions...same prices roughly at Wal-Mart too.

Maybe in a year we'll get the Season Two's at these prices...

Ian Garton

Grip
Unfortunately, it looks like the sale is over at Future Shop. According to their website:

Family Guy - Volume 1 is now back to $47.99
Simpsons season 1 is now back to $35.99

Prices were similar in-store too.

Are they still cheap at Wal-Mart?

Ian

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hmmm, when the "sale" started I was told in the store it was a permanent price reduction, so there was no hurry or worry about running out at the lower price. Maybe not... The whole reduced price thing was pretty low profile, no big signs in-store and only one minor ad in the flyers (at least here).

Interestingly, according to the FS website, the current prices for Season 1 for some of the sets that were on sale is now *more* than the other seasons.

Last time I was at WM was on Friday, and they still had Buffy and Futurama at the low price. That's all I noticed left at *that* store, they never have nearly as much TV on DVD as FS. WM doesn't set prices nationally, like FS does.

Good luck!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Season/volume 1 Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons back at Wal-Mart cheap. A huge stock of them locally. Don't know what's up with FS...as you know WM doesn't have sales, so it's FS who's screwing with us.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I know this is a Future Shop thread, but since it's also kinda about cheap Season/Volume 1's: I posted elsewhere here that Wal-Mart also has 1 of Looney Tunes (Golden), The Jetsons and Johnny Q for $39, which is a decent reduction from the $50-$55 it typically used to go for. This is not a sale but a price reduction, they are available for a bit more most everywhere, online at least.

I also noticed that MTM, Malcolm in the Middle and NYPD Blue Season/Volume 1's were no longer *real* cheap, but still a lot cheaper than before.

Ian Garton

Grip
Two Wal-Marts around here had The Simpsons season 1 for $15.93. Unfortunately both were out of stock for Family Guy - Volume 1.

I also went to three Real Canadian Superstores (Loblaws back east). Two of them had volume 1 of Family Guy priced at $22.99, but had none in stock. One of them had volume 1 of Family Guy in stock, but it was about $45.

Very strange...

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
All the originaly mentioned sets are now back in stock *cheap* at my local Wal-Mart, including MTM, NYPD, MitM they were out of the other day.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Here are prices listed in the current Canadian WalMart flyer:

All are listed as "Rollback" and are CDN $.

Dawson's Creek S1 $28.83
Starsky & Hutch S1: $29.83
Futurama S1: $19.83
Simpsons S1: $15.83
Nypd Blue S1: $17.63
MASH S1: $19.83
Mary Tyler Moore S1: $24.63
Malcolm in the Middle S1: $17.63

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
MTM S1, which they never had at my local Future Shop during the original "sale", is going for $21.83 at Wal-Mart here. Family Guy, Buffy, King of the Hill S1's are still available at WM cheap, even if they're not in the flyer.

I notice the local Marts don't give much of a profile to TV on DVD anymore. Even these cheap sets are "out of the way" and you really have to look around for them here.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess it varies, the nearest one is low-profile, the next nearest is zero-profile...probably depends on the local market, whatever sells there. Was at the FS today, and yup, the S1 sets are back to "normal" pricing...what are they doing?? You really have to know what you're buying at FS, some prices are real good, others are real bad!

Totally OT, but OT, the Star Wars set seems well-priced at FS on release day.

Also re FS and WM: somebody posted a link to a site where I found a link to some newer and more (and less!) popular discs that are being packaged in two's. There's a *whole* lot of them. Many of the two's are not available in the U.S. right now, but are and have been available here since late August. I have got quite a few of them, what I call my "tier 2 wants". Some have "for sale in Canada only" stickers, which makes me wary, but these are the real deal, not reduced-content editions. Based on what I've got. Also, some currently unreleased discs are being packaged this way, one new one with one older one. For example, I wanted Mean Girls, but it's packaged with Clueless (also IMO quite good) for like $3 more...this one of course isn't available just yet. amazon.ca is a good place to check what's being paired up, even if you don't buy it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks