What's new

Funny story, ... Angry VHS Soccer Mom (1 Viewer)

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
For most people in the United States, Change is bad.

DVD = Change.

Even at a young age I was disappointed with VHS's lasting quality. I mean every time you view a VHS tape you ruin it slowly. I have lots of tapes of things that I'd love to keep, so I never watched them.

Oh well, More DVDs for me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As an aside, ... I bet that woman would be really steamed if she learned how excited I've gotten every time Best Buy replaced a VHS aisle with a DVD aisle over the last five years.
You should have let out a big whoop and loudly exclaimed, "Alright! Look at all these DVD's!!!" :D
My Mom had a similar reaction a few months ago, though without the vulgarity. Her response? She got a DVD player. And I even think she understands OAR! :)
I did notice the new preview stations at FYE. Unfortunately, their prices are waaaaaayyy too high (even higher than MSRP on some titles). The only time I buy there is if it's a fairly rare title I absolutely cannot find anywhere else.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
"... and she even understands OAR"
I love it;)
It took a bit, but my wife and kids finally understand it.
It's gotten to the point that my 7 year old is calling P&S "FOOL SCREEN" and OAR "SMART SCREEN" :D :D

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with Trevor:

Actually I hope VHS never dies because it gives people like that a way to watch their movies in P&S, most of the time when they finally get a DVD player they demand that all their movies fill their screen (and the studios are starting to listen to them)
If you want to watch movies in OAR, this type of person could ruin your day.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You left out the last part where she says...
"Now come on honey, let's go the #$%& home and listen to some of my !@#$ing 8-tracks! !@#$ing progress, I hate it!!"
:D
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Regarding older folks and technology:
Jay Leno did a routine years ago in which he explained to his mom that, with a VCR, you could watch one channel while recording another. By the expression on his mom's face, he says, you would have thought he said "Mom, men from the moon have landed on earth."
Also, she was afraid to leave the batteries in the remote, worried that it could cause a fire. :D :D :D
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks