What's new

Funny story, ... Angry VHS Soccer Mom (1 Viewer)

Steve O

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd pass this one along, ...
Yesterday, I was picking out DVDs for Christmas gifts at my local Best Buy when an angry woman was dragging her husband past me. She had a very angry look on her face and said to him (and I quote):
What the #$@&!! Do they #$@&ing think that we all #$@&ing have CD players?!
Felice Navidad, Maam. Felice Navidad.
:D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Funny story. Just wait until HD-DVD!!!! She will have just gotten DVD, and HD-DVD will be dominant! :D

Trevor H

Second Unit
Actually I hope VHS never dies because it gives people like that a way to watch their movies in P&S, most of the time when they finally get a DVD player they demand that all their movies fill their screen (and the studios are starting to listen to them)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
A few weeks ago there was a kind old man holding the Artisan version of the "Dirty Dancing" DVD at Best Buy and was asking the salesman if it was available for his VCR.
When told no, he asked if the DVD would play in his VCR. :D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Some people don't like change and refuse to accept new technology... until it's unavoidable as in her case. :)
I almost fell over when my mother-in-law bought us a couple Christmas DVDs. This is coming from the same people who were ready to take their stereo in to get fixed because only one speaker was working (the balance knob was turned all the way to the left). I've joked with them about getting them a DVD player for X-mas and they say "oh no.. we'll never figure that out".
However, I didn't have the heart to tell my mother-in-law the movies she bought were P&S (and I didn't want to try to explain the difference)... I'll just have to try to exchange them. But kudos to her for venturing into the DVD aisle.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I hate Soccer Moms.
I hate the phrase "Soccer Moms".
I can't stand the smug, self-righteous attitudes consistently sported by "Soccer Moms".
I fear for my life when I have to swerve out of the way of cell-phone talking "Soccer Moms" driving SUVs the size of New England who fail to grasp such complex concepts as "turning radii".
Soccer Moms!!! PAN-N-SCANNED VHS IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I... I have issues. :frowning:

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
While I am on my fourth set-top DVD player...

Untill the price of DVD Burners such as the Panasonic with a built-in harddrive for time shift TV recording comes down in price... I hope that I can still purchase a VHS tape deck.

Steve O

Stunt Coordinator
Malcolm - That last one was a good one! My wife was reading over my shoulder and just busted out laughing.
As an aside, ... I bet that woman would be really steamed if she learned how excited I've gotten every time Best Buy replaced a VHS aisle with a DVD aisle over the last five years.
;)
===================================
BTW -- Has anyone seen the new setup at FYE (the mall-based CD and DVD store)? You can scan the bar code for practically any CD or DVD in the store and hear or see a preview. It generally includes all of the tracks on the CDs and some full-length trailers on the DVDs. I watched a couple of them and they were the actual full-length theatrical trailers!!! The trailers are displayed in their OAR on a screen that (I'm guessing) is about 7 to 8 inches diagonal. The store is full of them, so there was never a wait. If you haven't seen it yet, you gotta check it out, ... IT'S AWESOME!!! I'll bet I buy some DVDs that way based on the preview (which I probably wouldn't have otherwise seen). GREAT marketing tool.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
:D :D :laugh: :laugh: Saw this coming some day, didnt think this soon. Yey! DVD will reing supreme..then HD-DVD..then..sumthin else. But yea! Best Buy just got better for me=)
l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
You should have told her she can pick up a no-name DVD player for less than $60 if she looked around. If she was as pizzed as you say, maybe just better to get out of the way.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps these large-mouthed individuals should be referred to as "Boxing Moms" from now on. (They seem to be fighters alright.) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks