Fundraiser Suggestion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe McKeown, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Joe McKeown

Joe McKeown Stunt Coordinator

Ron and Parker,
    Many of the huge banks out there (MBNA Comes to mind) offer all sorts of "you name it" credit cards that kick-back funds to some source. For instance, I have a card that kicks back 2% of by bill to my alma mater's alumni fund.
    How about a "Home Theater Forum Visa", or maybe "HTF Platnum Mastercard"?
    All we'd have to do is apply for the card. (Presumably an external process) and use it for DVD's and HTF purchases. (or anything for that matter!)
    Hell, 2% of my family's grocery bill is over $150 annually.
    2% of my gas bill adds more than $40 to that. And I get MUCH more benefit from HTF than my alma mater's alumni association.
    This would presumably be a new recurring revenue stream; and while I have no clue what your ad dollers were like before, I expect this might be a nice long-term replacement that could eliminate the need for fund-drives, or worst-case reduce the goal amount by a fair chunk.

2. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Good idea, a lot of organisations have their "own" VISA/Mastercard including my old Uni.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Joe:

Any links that you can provide on where to go to do this would be appreciated.

Parker

4. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I'd switch to an HTF card if it was a Visa. I like to have just one of each. I have a Platinum Plus MC from MBNA that I won't part with but I'd get rid of my old Visa in a second if it would help support HTF.

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Great idea.
    I second Parker's request for a link.
    In fact, send it to Parker via private email
    instead of posting the link here. There are
    reasons why I ask this.
    Parker's email: [email protected]

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Plenty of people on this site do their movie, music and book purchases through Amazon.com. Why not set up an HTF Associates Account? You guys just provide a button that links to Amazon's page and if a purchase is made, you receive a percentage of the sale total. Sounds like easy money waiting to be collected. I don't know much money the people on this forum spend at Amazon yearly (I know I spend too much), but if you guys had a link, you could be raking in money at no cost the buyers.

7. Joe McKeown

Joe McKeown Stunt Coordinator

Parker,

Per Ron's suggestion the, admittedly limited, information I have is on its way to your inbox. Subject is "HTF Visa"