What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/7/2005 (1 Viewer)

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Ah, now Barenaked in America is an interesting tale. It was a documentary made by Jason Priestly during BNL's Stunt tour (1998, I think)b. In the US, as I recall, it was only available in one place: Blockbuster stores, on VHS, and only for rental. I managed to snag my copy a few years ago when my local Blockbuster put one of their two copys on the previously-viewed rack.

The rights for Barenaked in America are up in limbo these days. They've changed hands several times, and I think several of those hands have gone out of business or been bought out by others (who then went out of business). It's not currently available on R1 DVD. It is available in R2, though, and I've thought about importing it from Amazon.co.uk several times, though the exchange rate makes that hard to justify.

And, in an attempt to bring this thread back on track, I found Star Trek: Insurrection at my local Costco last night for $11.99. This time, they had tons of copies available (unlike First Contact SE, which they didn't get until a week or two later).

Dave

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

I used the add with a price match at Best Buy and got it for $57.89 with the extra 10%. Also reward zone points as a bonus

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At Best Buy, I picked up two copies of The Sopranos: Season Five (one was a gift). I used the CC ad for a price match ($60) and BB's 'buy two Sopranos seasons get $20 off' deal so each set was only $49.95.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i got a flyer in the mail today. best buy rewardzone
spend $25 or more june 11-13 and get an extra 50,000 oops 5,000 points.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I got the same thing via email but I believe it's 5,000 points, not 50K.

50K would be more than $15 worth of RZ certs.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
According to AMAZON, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban was released this Tuesday, 6/7. No mention of it here though. Did it come out early and Amazon just has the wrong date?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What Aaron said.

You see this a lot. For example, next week the Joan Crawford and Bette Davis Collections are released. Each collection contains some new releases...but there are also some re-packaged older releases. The studios will re-release the films to coincide with the collections and they will look like new releases even though they may have been out for a few years.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i had the unusual occurance today at best buy.
i was at
cust service to price match star trek:ins but i didnt have the ad, so she calls CC. she tells me they told her it was 14.99.
ok i'm not gonna get that right now.

so i just handed her slingblade, father of the bride and stripes.
i also hand her one the the coupons for buy 2 or 3 get $5 or $10 off.

she looks at it like i handed her a $2 bill.

then instead of looking at the back were it has a scanable bar code she just price adjusts it to take $10 off the total since i had 3 dvd's.
problem is stripes isnt part of the promotion.
oh well.

so all three of those for about $28 minus the $10 in RZ certs.
$18 for those three.
was going past CC so i ran in, got the ad, and on the way home went back in BB and bought star trek then went to
cs and price amtched so i got that for 12.79.
so l4, for about $33.

yay!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: VERY funny, considering the discussion going around about the bb and the guy who paid in $2 bills! :emoji_thumbsup:

Excellent shopping, I'd say!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Thanks all. I found my copy. My son had it in his room. This whole thing started when my daughter was picking Harry Potter DVD's to take on a trip. I thought I had PoA, but couldn't find it. So I looked up the release date on Amazon, and with that saying June 7, I thought maybe I had only imagined I had PoA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks