What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I bought boxed sets for some friends and family and they are telling me that the replacement program operators are asking them all for different kinds of data--numbers from the back of the box in one case, numbers from a single disc in another case, numbers from all the discs in question in another case--so it would appear that some callers are asked for varying information.

buford2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Amazon is no longer displaying the message about how to get replacement disks for the box set, whatever that means.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Just on the off chance someone may remember this and save me time trying to find it in this thread, can anyone tell me what were the problem discs in the original 2011 set? Were there two episodes with missing backscore or more?

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Professor Echo said:
Just on the off chance someone may remember this and save me time trying to find it in this thread, can anyone tell me what were the problem discs in the original 2011 set? Were there two episodes with missing backscore or more?
Go to Post # 1194 by JLKINSER for a complete list.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
Hey everybody. I called the 800 number today to see if my DVD's have shipped yet. I was told that no one DVD's have shipped yet. The DVD's were released by the studio on the 10th. They haven't reveived the shipment in the mail yet so they haven't mailed any out yet. SO just wanted to update everybody. The lady I spoke with said the shipment to them is on its way and they will start shipping them out once they get them in. SO we may be a week or so away my friends!!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by TheGreatOz /t/313960/fugitive-comes-to-dvd-in-a-33-disc-set-on-nov-1st-2011/1620#post_4013055
Go to Post # 1194 by JLKINSER for a complete list.
Thanks for pointing me to the specific post, Rod! And, of course, a huge thanks to John and Gary O and everyone else for all their contributions in helping us with this ball of confusion.

So really it was just two episodes on the 2011 set, BLOODLINE and NOT WITH A WHIMPER that have backscore problems. Otherwise the rest is just incidental music changes. One of our favorite posters here, as well as one of my best friends, is Christmasing his 2011 set to me, for which I am very grateful, so I just wanted to see exactly what was missing from it. I can live with the incidental music changes as long as they are appropriately done, but I was concerned about the missing backscore.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Has anyone summed up the whole 2011-2012 Complete Set saga with the details of the music changes? What was CBS's reason for recalling the 2011 set again?

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
JoeDoakes said:
What was CBS's reason for recalling the 2011 set again?
AGAIN? Heck, we've yet to receive an official definitive answer even once. :rolleyes:
If it's a long, cold Winter, I'm sure someone will take the 2011 Box Set, the 2012 Box Set, and the 2012 Replacement discs and spend a couple of weeks writing the "Fugitive Background Music Bible" and have it ready by Spring...just in time for the Blu-ray Box Set next Summer.
:pc:

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
JoeDoakes said:
Has anyone summed up the whole 2011-2012 Complete Set saga with the details of the music changes? What was CBS's reason for recalling the 2011 set again?
I think the JLKinser post mentioned above pretty well sums up everything. What's the difference? If you get the new 2012 set you have a very good NOB set. Based on what's happened, I think we have to accept that CBS recalled the 2011 set because they wanted to make it better and repair the cues they missed. We didn't believe that could be it when we debated this last year but they didn't take out one repair from that set. All they did was make it better.
Joe, I've enjoyed your political posts I've seen elsewhere.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
In the 2011 set, "Bloodline" and "Not With A Whimper" are the only episodes that have the background score music issues. "Bloodline" has a moment of replaced music which is done so well it almost went by un-noticed. "Not With A Whimper" has a silent area where music was suppose to be but got removed. Other than that, the only music that is changed on the 2011 set was party music, juke box, radio, and such. But that is not the case in every episode, just some. The new set that was released so far seems to be 100% intact music wise. Also, in the 2011 set and the half season sets, the episode “Cry Uncle" has some heavy damage to the print but from what I have heard, this is the only print of the episode that they have now. Being that is the case, CBS/Paramount has went back at great efforts for the fans, I feel, and has fixed this episode on the 2012 set. If you didn't know the episode was damaged you may not even notice it. They did an excellent job with restoring this episode. With the efforts put into this set, for me it was a no brainer, I had to have this one. It is too perfect to pass up. Now lets hope CBS/Paramount sees a future for this set in Blu-ray. The picture in DVD standard def form is pristeen, I can only imagine what this show would look like on Bluray. WOW!

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
John, there is actually more than a moment of replaced music in Bloodline, but, as you say, all of the replaced music is so close to what should be there that I went years without noticing it. And this is a favorite episode for me. You are correct that Cry Uncle now looks very good. Wasn't there some little music issue on The Chinese Sunset that wasn't right on the 2011 set? It's good now.
I never got my hands on a 2011 set so I never had to decide whether to double dip or not. Like John, I think I would have had to have gotten the virtually perfect set. Many fans could probably live with the 2011 set.
Thanks Mr. Kinser for all your informative posts on this thread.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
John Kinser, didn't "The Good Guys and The Bad Guys" have some pretty crappy incidental music replacement in the gymnasium scenes? I don't have the 2011 set but it seems to me that is probably the hardest incidental music replacement to live with. Luckily, that too is repaired on the 2012 set.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Just saw this box set is back in stock on The Amazon site and their price is $139.99. Quite a turnaround on the price.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
In my opinion, "The Chinese Sunset" from the 2011 set was the worst just because instead of fading, like the original, the music just stopped and was just very jarring to my ears. And yes the music in the gym in "The Good Guys and the Bad Guys' was also replaced in the 2011 set. With this new set, both episodes (well all of the episodes :) ) have their original scores restored and sound so much better. I am up to DVD 2 of Season 4 and so far every bit of music in the series has been restored. The powers that be at CBS/Paramount that went over the top to correct this series really needs a tremendous Thank You! I can not express in words my arrpreciation for fixing my all time favorite TV series The episodes are uncut, and are not time compressed. The picture and sound are amazing. And since they have fixed the music issues, the show once again "feels' like The Fugitive. If they every go back and restore "Gomer Pyle", "The Odd Couple", "Happy Days", and "Laverne and Shirley", I would buy these. The only reason I didn't buy these is because of the music that was remove. I have the Andy Griffith show but some of those episodes are edited and are missing footage. It is dissapointing and hopefully one day this series will be restored like our beloved "The Fugitive" show.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
Also, "My Three Sons" is another series that should get the pedestal treatment like "The Fugitive".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.