What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Harry-N said:
Well, it took them a year from the 2011 MOST WANTED to the "real" release in 2012 - and it still wasn't right!
The actual episodes were right. Some of the discs had technical problems, but for the record, the episodes on the discs were virtually correct; in fact, the set is more correct in terms of night-of-original broadcast than it would have been if the music had never been replaced.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Watching the drama that played out in New York, near the Canada border, I wonder why those escaped fugitives didn't make their way to a railroad yard and hop a freight down to Oregon, or jump onto a passing bus and get out of the area. :)

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
stevelecher said:
Watching the drama that played out in New York, near the Canada border, I wonder why those escaped fugitives didn't make their way to a railroad yard and hop a freight down to Oregon, or jump onto a passing bus and get out of the area. :)

Yep, I halfway expected the two fugitives, Matt and Sweat, to encounter Bruce Dern and his family of killer hillbillies.

Matt and Sweat probably began watching The Fugitive to get some escape ideas, but stopped watching as soon as they heard the Heyes music. :blink:

I always carry a pair of jumper cables in my car, on the off chance that I might come across Lois Nettleton by the side of the road. :blush: No luck so far, I'm sorry to say...

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
stevelecher said:

While I know we're all kidding around, as a local to the North Country where this all happened, that actually isn't possible up around Malone NY. These guys never got near an active railroad. So if they ever saw this show, it wouldn't of helped them. lol

The Delaware & Hudson through Dannemora where they were imprisoned was ripped up after WWII. And the former New York Central trackage through Malone, where they eventually reached before the authorities caught up with them, was abandoned back around 1970 or so, during the Penn Central years.

And the former Rutland tracks through Malone that crossed the North Country from Ogdensburg to Rouses Point on Lake Champlain (where it crossed the lake into Vermont on a causeway and trestle to connect with the main part of the Rutland), largely didn't survive the railroad going on strike back in 1961 and its subsequent abandonment.

While much of the old Rutland was resurrected and survives today, the rails through Malone sadly were pulled up before The Fugitive even first premiered.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
So if this was out:

Freight Yard.jpg

...then they might have considered this:

Bus Terminal.jpg

:)

Harry

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
FYI, Good morning. Ordered THE FUGITIVE Complete Series DVD set from Amazon, arrived on Tuesday (looks like it shipped from California, took about 10 days to process/ship). Called the 1-877-335-8936 # and the Sales Rep asked for the bar code on the bottom of the box set. She said that they would be sending the 5 replacement discs to me, and would talk 2-3 weeks to arrive. No confirmation number or anything. Would have thought Amazon would have the correct sets by now, but maybe this is their way of getting rid of the faulty sets.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Watched a couple of late season three episodes. In Taste Of Tomorrow, Richard wears an unusual coat. The same coat is worn by Jonesie in Ill Wind and a flood control coworker getting on the truck in The 2130. The picture of Kimble Gerard looks at in Ill Wind also seems to come from The 2130. Last, the big barn at the walnut grove in The 2130 seems to be the barn in Ill Wind.

The house Doctor McCallister lives in, in Not With A Whimper, is the same one the Tafts live in in Running Scared.

Cheers....

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
With the replacement program, some have been told they will be getting a complete new set and some have been told they will be getting five replacement discs. Do we know that there are two differently defective sets out there? Has anyone, who really knows the music, gotten one of these sets that only requires five discs replaced? This thing is still pretty confusing and most of the people who really fought the music battles before haven't purchased the new set. Anyone know anything new? Thanks.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I agree, Steve. Confusing.

We know that there are 5 replacement discs for the 2012 Most Wanted Set.

We've heard that some buyers of the 2015 Complete Set will be receiving an entirely new set because there are just too many discs with incorrect music.

So when I hear someone say, "I have the 2015 Complete Set, and I called the 800 number, and they're going to send me the 5 replacement discs," I get confused.

Are they going to be receiving the 5 replacement discs for the 2012 Most Wanted Set, when they actually need perhaps 16 or 18 replacement discs for their 2015 Complete Set? Really confusing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
LeoA said:
While I know we're all kidding around, as a local to the North Country where this all happened, that actually isn't possible up around Malone NY. These guys never got near an active railroad. So if they ever saw this show, it wouldn't of helped them. lol

Sure. I'm not sure if Adirondack Trails buses are still running...but Greyhound makes runs through that part of the world.

And, Leo, if they had gone east--over towards Plattsburgh--they might've been able to find an open door on Amtrak...but those border guys are pretty thorough on the bus and rail traffic in that neck of the woods (even in the absence of a major prison break!). :biggrin:

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The real issues with the new set are season 2 and 3. The season 4 disks are identical in the new set to the Most Wanted. And season 1 just has a couple of instances of replacement music in music playing on screen on the radio. Five replacement disks would probably fix it.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
bigshot said:
The real issues with the new set are season 2 and 3. The season 4 disks are identical in the new set to the Most Wanted. And season 1 just has a couple of instances of replacement music in music playing on screen on the radio. Five replacement disks would probably fix it.

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts that 5 replacement discs would be sufficient.

I'm waiting to hear from those who've been promised replacements.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Seasons 2 and 3 equals 16 discs. If they are anything like the original half season sets, then all 16 discs would have to be replaced. Five wouldn't cut it.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Season 2 and 3 ARE the original half season sets WITH the original replacement disks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.