What's new

FS: Proceed AVP - new (1 Viewer)

Donald Lagasse

Stunt Coordinator
I have a brand new Proceed AVP in the box unopened. It comes with the 5 year warranty. I have no idea what it's worth. I'd like to get $3k. I would appreciate any suggestions from those in the know even if you're not interested in purchasing. What's it worth?

Thanks,

Donald

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Sorry to tell you, but you will probably only get about $2.5k for this unit. It is outdated, and the AVP2 also just came out. There is an upgrade path, but it is rediculously expensive (over $2k). Also, this unit was $4.5k new MSRP when it first came out.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The non-'S' or composite version was $4.5k list and the 'S' version was $5k list. There were also options for an RF demodulator. The other post was correct in that there is a new model out. The AVP can be upgraded to the AVP2 but not cheaply. By the time one gets done with a new faceplate and a 6-channel input (which is supposedly to be availablein July) you could be talking another $4k to get to the AVP2. The $2.5k estimate could even be a bit on the high side. Madrigal, like other high-end cos. has also seen better times as well and has made some blunders with previous products (e.g. promising the PAV combo - essentially a better AVP in 2 boxes to be future-proof and then discontinuing) and has let go a decent chunk of their work force. I actually saw an 'S' version sold on Audiogon for $1,777 a couple of months back. So if you got $2.5k, I would consider it good. I would expect that Proceed will be replacing their amplifier line too soon so don't go off paying top dollar.

Donald Lagasse

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Phil, Chung:

I talked to 2 dealers.... one in New Orleans and one in Houston and both gave me an figure of $3k. I have the S version and the MSRP was $5k. I think both your estimates are also good advise. Looks like 2.5 to $3k. I think the upgrade is $2.5k

Thanks

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Donald, the $2.5k figure for the upgrade does not include the 6-channel input option which is supposedly available in July which I hear is another $1k or so nor do I believe it includes the new faceplate which has the AVP2 logo. Here is a post from a website with the details:

"AVP Upgrade Info
I recieved this E-mail from Madrigal
There are a number of options these are U.S prices

AVP TO AVP2 Dealer upgrade $2,500
AVP TO AVP2 Factory upgrade $2,800
Plus six channel analog input option for the AVP or AVP2 add $1000.00 to the above for dealer upgrade

Plus six channel analog input option for the AVP or AVP2 add $1300.00
to the above for factory upgrade

New faceplate with AVP2 logo add $300.00 factory only

The performance of the upgraded unit will be identical to a new AVP2

These will include a new manual

Well I will have to find out the price of a new one as this is more than I had been hearing OUCH!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.