FS: Proceed AVP - new

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donald Lagasse, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

I have a brand new Proceed AVP in the box unopened. It comes with the 5 year warranty. I have no idea what it's worth. I'd like to get $3k. I would appreciate any suggestions from those in the know even if you're not interested in purchasing. What's it worth?

Thanks,

Donald

2. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Sorry to tell you, but you will probably only get about $2.5k for this unit. It is outdated, and the AVP2 also just came out. There is an upgrade path, but it is rediculously expensive (over $2k). Also, this unit was $4.5k new MSRP when it first came out.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    The non-'S' or composite version was $4.5k list and the 'S' version was $5k list. There were also options for an RF demodulator. The other post was correct in that there is a new model out. The AVP can be upgraded to the AVP2 but not cheaply. By the time one gets done with a new faceplate and a 6-channel input (which is supposedly to be availablein July) you could be talking another $4k to get to the AVP2. The $2.5k estimate could even be a bit on the high side. Madrigal, like other high-end cos. has also seen better times as well and has made some blunders with previous products (e.g. promising the PAV combo - essentially a better AVP in 2 boxes to be future-proof and then discontinuing) and has let go a decent chunk of their work force. I actually saw an 'S' version sold on Audiogon for $1,777 a couple of months back. So if you got $2.5k, I would consider it good. I would expect that Proceed will be replacing their amplifier line too soon so don't go off paying top dollar.

4. Donald Lagasse

Thanks Phil, Chung:

I talked to 2 dealers.... one in New Orleans and one in Houston and both gave me an figure of $3k. I have the S version and the MSRP was $5k. I think both your estimates are also good advise. Looks like 2.5 to $3k. I think the upgrade is $2.5k

Thanks

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Donald, the $2.5k figure for the upgrade does not include the 6-channel input option which is supposedly available in July which I hear is another $1k or so nor do I believe it includes the new faceplate which has the AVP2 logo. Here is a post from a website with the details:

"AVP Upgrade Info
    I recieved this E-mail from Madrigal
    There are a number of options these are U.S prices

AVP TO AVP2 Dealer upgrade $2,500
    AVP TO AVP2 Factory upgrade $2,800
    Plus six channel analog input option for the AVP or AVP2 add $1000.00 to the above for dealer upgrade

Plus six channel analog input option for the AVP or AVP2 add $1300.00
    to the above for factory upgrade

New faceplate with AVP2 logo add $300.00 factory only

The performance of the upgraded unit will be identical to a new AVP2

These will include a new manual

Well I will have to find out the price of a new one as this is more than I had been hearing OUCH!!!"

6. Donald Lagasse

Good info Phil... thanks for your help. FOr sale $3k it is