What's new
World Wide Stereo

FS: Polk PSW650 dual 10" sub (1 Viewer)

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Polk's top of the line PSW650 sub. Dual 10" powered subwoofer with all the amplifier controls. It is very musical and has good reviews out there.

$365, plus shipping if applicable.

Here is their homepage for more information and pictures:
http://www.polkaudio.com/home/produc...y=7&speaker=48

It has maybe two scratches on it, and I can take pictures next week. It barely gets used currently, but I will be replacing it with a DIY Adire 15" when I move this spring.

I am in Chicago, but will be driving through to East Lansing and Minneapolis in a few weeks. I am in finals from now through the 19th, so I'm looking to have it picked up, delivered, or shipped sometime after that. Keep in mind this is good build quality, so 61 lbs of shipping weight.

Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Max Baker

Agent
Derrick,

Any trade wants? I have one PSW650, and would like to acquire another at some point and time if I can find a good deal........

Regards,

Max

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, probably not much stuff I'd want to trade for. I've got too much stuff to trade away already! Though I am looking for a good deal on a headphone amp.

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Is the sub still for sale?

Could you do 350 shipped? Origional box? Manual?

I am in Pgh, PA 15202 I think 50 would cover it...

Can paypal or other form of payment on friday.

Email is [email protected]

Take care,

Ed

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
The Polk is still here. I haven't heard back from Max, but he was first in line.

I'm not ready to drop to $350 shipped, as sending 61 pounds a few hundred miles isn't cheap. I'm assuming double-boxed and insured, which contribues to the cost. Too bad my future inlaws from outside Pittsburgh won't be visiting for another month, or I could try to get them to be our delivery service!

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
I hope you didn't take my offer as lowball. If we can keep the total price to under 400, I am seriously interested. If not,I understand. It is a fine sub and I would really like to have one.

Question, how do the drivers sit in there, opposite each other, or is one forward firing and one downward firing? Just wondering as I have never seen pictures of how it is setup. ** I just looked at polks site, looks like they are opposite each other. That 3D thing is pretty neat**

--Ed :emoji_thumbsup:

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then how much is a 3D rotating image worth?
http://www.polkaudio.com/images/3D/Polk_Speaker_PSW650/
It is a very well layed out subwoofer. The drivers are on opposite sides, which balances out shaking. The front has a volume knob, which makes life easier. The rear has all the expected controls, as well as the two ports. The ports look unusual because Polk uses a spreader over the port flange, which improves the typical port noise (unlike most manufacturer claims, this one has solid physics behind it).

The sides with drivers have a kind of matte black, with acoustic cloth protecting the drivers. The matte edges are rounded to the shiny gloss black on the other sides. The 3D image doesn't show this well, but I can actually see my reflection in the subwoofer. This is a very nice looking sub. I like Polk as a company, and will be getting their new Polk LSi15 http://www.polkaudio.com/images/home...erry/lsi15.jpg for my main speakers.

Ed, no offense taken at all. Let's give Max a day to respond first, but I'm sure we can work something out. I could pay any packing/shipping over $50 if it comes to that.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
I see you edited in the 3D image before I clicked reply. It is a nice touch. I tested UPS's estimator and I think the shipping total shouldn't be more than $40. I don't know how much a good double box and padding will cost, but I think we're in the ballpark. Normally I'd have the original box, but the box was stored at my parent's house which burned down.

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
O.K. I will get in line. I do have my eye on an ebay item also, so if you sell to him, no worries. They come around alot on there.

I am very sorry to hear about your parents house, I just hope that insurance more than compensated, but was anything salvagable? I am a firefighter, so I understand your loss. My best to all of you.

Take care,

Ed

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
We found out we were underinsured on our personal possessions (this is even more likely to happen for guys here with lots of electronics, so double check). The smoke damage was horrible and wrecked everything, but luckily no one was home. We also may end up taking the insurance company and contractor to court, since they've done such a poor job and broke so many laws. Basically a 3rd party adjustor showed up the next day, pretended to be with the insurance company directly, and showed us our "expert" contractor. You're supposed to be able to choose your contractor, but hey, when the lying adjustor's son 'works' at the contractor and makes big $ for not doing anything... oh yeah, some major illegal practices!

I emailed Max, but haven't heard back. From his previous posts it sounds like he's trying to trade off his XBOX and some games, which would really depend on how much he's pricing them at for trade value. If he doesn't say anything within 2 days of his original post (I think that's about 5 hours from now), I'll consider him passed up. It doesn't really matter to me about a "line", but it seems like good common courtesy on this forum.

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
I just realized I get paid next friday, not this upcoming one. :b

No hurry, don't want to seem like I am pressing for it right now.

--Ed

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, no pressure, that's good. I just didn't want to be unfair to anybody since 3 people have asked about the sub, but nobody has said "here's the money" yet. Just get back to me when you're ready to finalize guys- both PM and this thread send me direct email notification. PM me if you want my private contact info.

Max Baker

Agent
Derrick,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I'm out on the sub..... I already have one, so there wasn't really a need for me to have another right now. Ed, if you get this sub you won't be disappointed. I love the one that I have now.

Thanks guys,

Max

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Sub is on its way to Ed Werner. Very nice to deal with him, and prompt payment. Thanks everyone.

Ed Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Derrick is an awesome seller, he has done much to make this go smoothly and has taken extra out of his pocket. I appreciate this alot, and he has done a great job.

Thanks bro, and lookin forward to getting the sub.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks