What's new
World Wide Stereo

FS: Phillips TiVo Series 1 (1 Viewer)

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I have an excellent condition Phillips-branded Series 1 TiVo for sale. It does NOT have any service on it right now but that can be added by TiVo. I have updated the capacity of this box by adding a 5400rpm 80GB drive to the original 30GB drive. This yields a recording capacity of 36 hours at BEST quality and 130 hours at BASIC quality. It does have S/W version 3.0 so it can do the following:

1. It can be used as a manual "VCR" for recording shows. There will be no guide data but you will have a menu to choose from for the shows recorded.

2. It is the only hackable TiVo out there so if you are into that, read the posts on the TiVo Community website.

3. It can be set up to connect via broadband by using a method called PPP over Serial OR you can install a daughtercard called a TurboNet card which can be found at www.9thtee.com

Note: I am including an external modem that is plug-and-play for connection to the TiVo server. The internal modem does not seem to be working, as happens on many of these Series 1 boxes.

I'm asking $75 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking.:)

728x90

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Added an external modem so you are good to go
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks