What's new

Frontier House (HDTV rerun) (1 Viewer)

DeeF

Screenwriter
Just another plug for this PBS series, the best reality show ever made.

I watched it originally, but this time, I get it in HDTV (upconverted) and widescreen, and it is supremely great.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I too am watching it again, this time I'm making my g/f watch it with me :)
Some of the best televsion, easily.
Can't beat that freak snow storm eh?
cheers!
Josh

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..Yeah and the poor girl who had to go milk the cows with a blanket on her legs.

I can't yet make out Karen Glenn's seemingly intense hatred of the Clunes... Every interview she seems to go on and on how she hates those californians...

I missed last night's episode. I think I collapsed in my bed after my adventure race that day. I barely stayed conscious through Alias and completely forgot about FH. Oh well, at least we won our division and I had a absolute blast.

Jay

DeeF

Screenwriter
Jay,

The episode you missed last night was the best one, where Nate and Kristen are married.

I actually cry when Kristen finds the white wedding dress in the box. Nate is a true hero -- a man who's a real man, in that he loves and understands women! And his father and brother are heroic too.

But speaking of that, I've never understood why they don't talk about Rudy's wife, and their mother. Was she there at the wedding? It's never mentioned.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Damm, I saw the previews about the wedding and was looking forward too it. The Brooks are my favorite family. I checked out PBS's website after the first episode and I already knew they would make a great family there, given Nate's background. That would be an awesome wedding to be married in period garb, probably nicely funded by PBS to boot. Good for them. :)
I heard back when it was first broadcast, it was just over 2 nights with 3 episodes back to back or something like that... My friend had it on video tape too but she lent it out to somebody whose VCR ate the tape...
Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just watched a VCR'ed 4th episode... hahaha, this is the one where the Clunes decide to trade with the "outside world" and apparently they are the scufflaws of the group. This show is great!! you've got the stuffy, "Nothing is my fault", "I think I'm gonna starve", "lets make some moonshine" Clunes, and the "I hate Gordon Clune", "I think my husband is Gordon Cline", and I can't just spew off about the Clunes in general" family of Glenns, and then you have the control group of the recently married Nate Brook and his father.

This is better than Survivor!

Jay

Kevin*R

Agent
Karen Glen is a psycho... I feel sorry for her husband. If anyone took a shortcut in this game, it had to be the Glen's with that fully constructed home. How quickly Karen forgot about that big break! If she wants to take responsibility for all the decisions then she needs to take the heat for not having enough vision to forsee feeding the cows through winter.

Now on the other hand, the Clunes are having a good time thinking about moonshine and where/how to have sex!

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Accidently caught this show last week...Moonshine Clunes Go Outside episode. My golly, try as we might, we couldn't turn it off (we were wandering around after our 9 PM show and were getting ready to turn the tube off as we usually do). What a great show! Will continue to watch it I think.
Anyone know how far into we are coming?

Phil

DeeF

Screenwriter
You watched the fourth episode. There are only six.

Presumably, PBS will show them in a "marathon" sometime in the future, on a Saturday or Sunday.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, last night was one of the more interesting shows..

What is the Mercantile guy gonna do with all the moonshine that the Clunes don't drink? Maybe next episode we'll see the Hatfields and the McCoys duke it out in the field!!

On a side but related note, anybody see 1940's House?

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks