What's new

Front Projector Novice ! (1 Viewer)

Greg*Ze

Auditioning
I am currently buildy my home Thetre and I am inexperienced on front projectors ! I am leaning towards the panasonic PT-L300U with a ceiling mount. My question is that i have a very low ceiling in my basement (83"). I know i have enough head clearance but do i have enough of an angle for proper wall projection ? If so how big of a screen can i go without problems as the screen will obviously keep getting lower to the floor as the size increases. I do have unlimited width so that is not a problem ! Thanks for any advise on the situation and for comments on the projector choice or a screen recommendation !

Michael Pineo

Stunt Coordinator
The ceiling in my basement is also just about 7 feet tall and I have a l300u hung from it. There is just enough clearance for me to walk underneath it. It is about 11' from the screen and I am projecting a 90" (horizontal) image. I'm not sure if this is what you mean about having enough of an angle for wall projection, but for ceiling mounting the projector, the center of the lens should be between 2.5" and 3" below the top of the screen. As long as that is do-able, it shouldn't matter how big you go with the screen. The more important factor is the throw distance. That will really decide how big you can go.

Good luck with the projector if you go with the l300u. I am loving mine. It is a vast improvement over my previous projector in every department (better colors, better contrast, no screen door :) )

MikeP

Greg*Ze

Auditioning
What kind of screen are you using ? I haven't explored screens yet. How much of a difference does the screen make ?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Screen is as important as the projector. You can project onto a flat white wall and get decent results. If you go with something that has a slight gain and is either gray or silver/gray, you will notice improved blacks among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks