What's new

Pre-Order Fright Night (1985) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
229615_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I guess Sony finally realized they could sell some more of these since Twilight Time sold out of this twice. Once for 3,000 copies and once for 5,000 copies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If this has the commentary and other supps from the sold-out TT editions, I'm in, as I missed both of those.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I did get the TT encore edition from a third party seller for an inflated (but reasonable to me) price. I'd consider a double-dip if there's any improvement or additional extras, though the TT edition was already loaded and I've also got the You're So Cool, Brewster blu-ray documentary about the making of the film, so I'm not sure what more there is to offer.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I missed out the first time. I was all over it the second time so I will pass on this release.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
So how well does this one hold up after all these years. I saw it when it originally ran at the theater and have watched it years and years ago on VHS. I fully enjoyed it's quirkiness back then, but wonder if it holds up 30+ years later?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Of COURSE it holds up! Why do you think Twilight Time was able to sell out 8,000 limited edition copies in no time flat, that scalpers were (until now) selling for an arm and a leg on eBay? This film has a huge fanbase. Whether or not it holds up for YOU is a completely subjective issue.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes it holds up. I missed out on both of the TT releases (Not sure why as I really like this film) So I will be getting this.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The enduring popularity of this movie, compared to others that were both much better critically received and bigger box office hits, is baffling.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sony really blows my mind. They release Christine UHD, then revert back to 1080 for this. The perfect time, and opportunity to own this in 4K now squashed.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Let's see, I have had this movie recoded from HBO VHS, legit VHS, laserdisc(with laser rot), DVD, both TT discs, "You're so Cool Brewster" Documentary(awesome) the hardcover book of the same title, the soundtrack, and musical score both on CD, and an autographed glossy of Chris Sarandon who is easily the nicest celeb I ever met.

What is the chance of me pre-ordering this disc?:D

DalekFlay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dane M.
Sony really blows my mind. They release Christine UHD, then revert back to 1080 for this. The perfect time, and opportunity to own this in 4K now squashed.

Sony are mostly sticking to higher profile catalog stuff for UHD. I'd guess Christine squeaked in because of Carpenter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks