free mp3 joiner?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Christ Reynolds, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'm looking for a basic program that will take multiple mp3 files and join them together as one. it should be able to handle low bitrates and sample rates. and most of all, it should be free [​IMG] can anyone point me to such software? i'm trying out 'audio wav mp3 joiner', and it works well, but i dont want to pay for something i will only use a few times, especially if there are a few freeware tools out there. thanks for any help.

CJ

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

The easiest method is to convert the mp3 to a wave and use "sound recerder" which comes with windows. After combining the songs just reconvert back to a mp3.

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    it would be easy using sound recorder, if i didnt have to do it 90 times. i can do it quicker using sound forge, which i have, but it isnt exactly fast that way either. i'm looking for something that will join the files for me, i dont want to do all the work copying and pasting and encoding back to mp3.

CJ

4. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

As far as I can tell, you can concatenate MP3 files together and they will play back-to-back. Some strategic use of the copy command at a command prompt will do that.