What's new

Free "24" Preview Disc! (1 Viewer)

Bill A

Grip
I went to Best Buy today, and as I left an employee was handing out preview DVDs. It's a disc with the first two epidodes of the second season, as well as a coupon for a rebate if you buy the box set; $10 if you buy both box sets, $5 if you just buy one season. Nifty! I hope other studios do this.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
yeah i picked one up and watched them . now im pissed we have to wait for the complete set :) even though ive seen it already

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I got one free, included with my order from Amazon which arrived today.

Pretty sweet. Anamorphic widescreen and a fairly good 5.1 audio presentation. If the rest of the set is like this, we have little to worry about.

Zack_H

Grip
Wonder if that has anything to do with this (from amazon):

We are pleased to report that the price of the following item has decreased.

Kiefer Sutherland (Primary Contributor) "24 - Season Two"
NEW PRICEOLD PRICE
$48.99$52.49

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned this in the Weekly Roundup, as well as posting advance news of it over at TVShowsOnDVD. I was the first one at my local store to snag copies of this on Sunday, as I had asked for them and they hadn't put them out yet.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The Sunday flier almost got me into the store, but not quite. So tell me, is there anything else on the disc besides the first two episodes? Anything I wish I'd had, like a featurette about how great the season 2 box set will be?

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
Just the two episodes...but they'll hook you on buying the box set by themselves...

The $5 coupon on the back should get you into the store as well...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just got it at Best Buy. Has the coupon for $5 off season 2 or $10 off both seasons. Haven't had a chance to watch the first 2 episodes on the disc yet, but I watched the whole season when it originally aired so I know what to expect. I'm just anxious to watch the whole season again in anamorphic widescreen with DD 5.1(not to mention all the extras the season 2 set is going to have).

David Glenn

Second Unit
Let's hope they do a better job with the packaging for season 2. Are they going with the same ill folded, coming apart digipak in a flimsy cardboard sleeve?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Pretty sweet. Anamorphic widescreen and a fairly good 5.1 audio presentation. If the rest of the set is like this, we have little to worry about.
There were also chapter stops and most surprisingly of all the "Previously on 24" intro in the 2nd episode. Hopefully all of that shows up on the actual DVD set.

The transfers were about on par with the first season, although not quite on the level of the pseudo HD presentation on Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks