Frank Herbert's DUNE Director's Cut Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Stegbauer, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Jim Stegbauer

I just finished talking with DVD Planet about a problem with the 3rd Disc, chapter 4, 9.51, where the disc will pixelate and stop my Pioneer Elite DV-09. I can't even scan past that point, so I tried the 3rd disc in my Mac G4 dual 450, same problem at chapter 4, pixelates and freezes, the Mac error report states a fatal disc error.

DVD Planet stated they have received a couple of reports about the same problem with the 3rd disc, anybody else experiencing this particular problematic situation with Dune.

2. BradyB

BradyB Stunt Coordinator

I just finished watching the whole thing on my Sony DVD player(don't remeber the number and too lazy to go down stairs and check).... But I also checked the 4th chapter on my PC and there where no problems with it there...
    Sounds like a bad DVD [​IMG]

3. Steve_Ri

Steve_Ri Auditioning

I also had the same problem on disc 3 using my Sony player. I tried it on my X-Box with no problems.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

No problems here on my Panny A120 or in the PC; sorry!

5. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

I had a problem with disc 2 freezing on a scuff mark.
    The disc was a floater and got scuffed on the plastic spindle.
    I buffed out the mark with a cotton t-shirt and moderate pressure.
    It works great now and saved a return trip to WOW.

6. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

I thought you were referring to the title of Disc 2 being misspelled as "Maud'dib" in the opening. How totally humiliating.

7. Jim Stegbauer

I thought that I should add that all 3 disc's were loose in the case and out of the spindle's, after inspecting the disc"s for scratches, none of the disc's showed any apparent damage.

I have also tried Disc 3, Chapter 4, 9:51 on my DVL-91 and it also freezes at that point.

This is the first time that I have had any problem with a disc, so I guess that I have been extremely lucky in that regard.

Just to let everybody know that DVD Planet has now changed their policy on defective manufactured disc's (as of last Friday) customers must now pay for returns, if the disc was damaged in shipment, they will still paying for the return.

8. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn

9. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

No problems on my JVC-721BK (723GD)