What's new

Frank Herbert's DUNE Director's Cut Problem (1 Viewer)

I just finished talking with DVD Planet about a problem with the 3rd Disc, chapter 4, 9.51, where the disc will pixelate and stop my Pioneer Elite DV-09. I can't even scan past that point, so I tried the 3rd disc in my Mac G4 dual 450, same problem at chapter 4, pixelates and freezes, the Mac error report states a fatal disc error.

DVD Planet stated they have received a couple of reports about the same problem with the 3rd disc, anybody else experiencing this particular problematic situation with Dune.

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished watching the whole thing on my Sony DVD player(don't remeber the number and too lazy to go down stairs and check).... But I also checked the 4th chapter on my PC and there where no problems with it there...
Sounds like a bad DVD :frowning:

Steve_Ri

Auditioning
I also had the same problem on disc 3 using my Sony player. I tried it on my X-Box with no problems.

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
I had a problem with disc 2 freezing on a scuff mark.
The disc was a floater and got scuffed on the plastic spindle.
I buffed out the mark with a cotton t-shirt and moderate pressure.
It works great now and saved a return trip to WOW.

I thought that I should add that all 3 disc's were loose in the case and out of the spindle's, after inspecting the disc"s for scratches, none of the disc's showed any apparent damage.

I have also tried Disc 3, Chapter 4, 9:51 on my DVL-91 and it also freezes at that point.

This is the first time that I have had any problem with a disc, so I guess that I have been extremely lucky in that regard.

Just to let everybody know that DVD Planet has now changed their policy on defective manufactured disc's (as of last Friday) customers must now pay for returns, if the disc was damaged in shipment, they will still paying for the return.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
for the return.
Sounds like a good reason to avoid DVD Planet to me. That's just not right. The consumer has the right to expect the product to be delivered intact and as advertised. Even if it is a manufacturing defect (and therefore not the retailer's fault), that should be part of the risk they take on, not the end consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks