What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"Gunsmoke: Season 11, Volume 1" DVD Defects? (1 Viewer)

JonathanRStrausser

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan R. Strausser
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered any problems with "Gunsmoke: Season 11, Volume 1"? I purchased both volumes this past week at our local "Wal-Mart". The prices were EXCELLENT! However, upon viewing "Disc 2, Episodes 3 & 4" I've noticed that the episodes pause/freeze and lock up my DVD player. I put in "Discs 3, 4 & 5" and encountered the same problem. It seems it's only pausing/freezing on the 3rd and 4th episodes of each disc. Is this a pressing error or something caused by the layer transition? It seems "Amazon.com" is reporting similar issues. As of now, they are no longer offering the set. However, you can still purchase it on the marketplace. I have contacted "CBS Home Entertainment" via their FaceBook page with no response to date. I appreciate your time and any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thank You,

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I will take a check on one of my disks.

I see Amazon is investigating something, but I saw no reports within customer comments referencing freezing or lockups. Just the usual pricing or volume complaints.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I finished watching Gunsmoke season 11, volume 1, disk 2, episodes 3 and 4 with no issues.

JonathanRStrausser

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan R. Strausser
Hi Brad,

I appreciate you taking time out and reviewing these episodes for me! I have found the problem and have since fixed it. There was something wrong with my DVD player. I did look at the back of the DVD case and it did say that not all features may play on all machines. Therefore, I bought a new DVD player and they work fine. Again, I appreciate your time and comments!

Thank You,

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I got one of the defective Season 11, Volume 1 sets. Didn't want to return it to Barnes & Noble, so I ordered it from Amazon and it plays fine. I also ordered Season 11, Volume 2 at the same time and as I went to open it I thought "Gosh, this seems kinda light." Turns out, it was an empty case, not even the spindles were inside! First time that's ever happened to me. Needless to say, that one is being returned and a replacement should be on the way soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks