What's new

Fox: SHOCK TREATMENT -- DVD callback cast ready to record participation track (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I understand from the transcript of your chat that Fox has no current plans to issue a DVD of the ROCKY HORROR offshoot SHOCK TREATMENT. Just to plant a seed, however, the Nuart theatre is going to be having a one-time 20th anniversary screening on Friday, Oct. 26th, and our resident Rocky cast "Sins o' the Flesh" will be doing a full-dress reenactment for the movie, just as they do for ROCKY HORROR every week.
The "Sins" cast are one of the two recorded by Lou Adler for the laserdisc and DVD of RHPS, and they are very enthusiastic about this upcoming show. As such, I think it would be a good idea to dispatch a camera crew to film the event in the odd chance that you do decide to release the film on DVD. Also, the cast do have a full set of "participation lines" to make a callback track very feasible.
Obviously, it is too late to do a "20th Anniversary" DVD for the film. But if the horror-themed DVD's PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE and THE FURY do well, you should consider it for next year or beyond, and if it helps to know that there is a large pack of people who are ready to offer participation in its creation, well, now you know.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 10, 2001 at 07:20 AM]

Dave Lyons

Stunt Coordinator
That would be great if Fox is able to do that!! Shock Treatment is the last plastic tape left in my house: 1 VHS, ~300 DVDs and ~50 LDs. Sure would be great to trade in that last tape for a new DVD and rid myself of VHS forever!
wink.gif

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I too would love to own Shock Treatment on DVD!
While I'm also glad that Fox is releasing both The Fury and Phantom of the Paradise on DVD, I'm a little disappointed that Fox decided NOT to include any special features on these discs.
Quite a contrast to all of the other Brian DePalma SE that have/are being released this year.
Sisters = Criterion SE
Obsession = Columbia SE
Carrie = MGM SE
Dressed To Kill = MGM SE
------------------
Link Removed

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The only VHS tapes I own include: Shock Treatment, Better Off Dead..., Say Anything, and a few others.
I love Shock Treatment and is one of my favorite films.
eek.gif
I would just love a DVD with an anamorphic transfer framed at 1.85:1 (the cropped version on VHS is horrible, especially during the opening sequence as you can't see a good portion of the opening credits as they're off the screen) and a nice sounding Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound track. A Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound track and any other extras are just icing on the cake for me.
A guy had a petition about wanting Shock Treatment on 123petitions.com (before it went under), and I saw that nobody has signed it. I posted it on a few newsgroups, and almost three hundred people signed the petition. FOX, if you ever put out a DVD of Shock Treatment three hundred copies are already sold. If Rocky Horror didn't sell as you would have hoped, please don't that let you down, Shock Treatment has a nice steady fan base (more than that one Sean Connery film
wink.gif
) and they will buy a DVD of Shock Treatment.
And FOX, if you can't release Shock Treatment on DVD, could you give a widescreen print of the film to say Image to release on DVD (like Short Circuit or Zorro, The Gay Blade)?
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The 20th anniversary SHOCK TREATMENT show in L.A. is just a couple weeks away now, and anticipation is high. If you can make it, I think you will see there is indeed a market for the film on DVD, and for a nice medium-level supplement package.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 10, 2001 at 07:19 AM]

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've removed the references to Mr. Staddon (not Straddon!). Please do not put studio members 'on the spot' by directing questions to them invidually. Just ask the studio in general and I'm sure they will reply if they are able.
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 10, 2001 at 07:22 AM]

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
Here's another vote in support of a SHOCKTREATMENT DVD with Sins O' the Flesh participation! ROCKY HORROR is my absolute favorite film and the DVD for that is amazing (I was so worried that it would fall short of expectations, but I couldn't be happier with it). Even a movie-only edition of SHOCKTREATMENT (like the great PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE DVD--another all-time favorite film) would be most welcome. I have the Japanese LD of SHOCKTREATMENT, but even that format doesn't present the film in its original aspect ratio. C'mon Fox, we need a bit of oooohhh SHOCKTREATMENT! (Gets us jumpin' like a real live wire!)
-Jerry

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so there and so in support of another wonderful Rocky Themed DVD!!!!
"We need a bit of Ooooh SHock Treatment!!!!"

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
The October 26th show sounds great. Who's scheduled to come?
I put my vote in for a SHOCK TREAMNET DVD. But I would suggest that you "Sins" cast members take it upon yourselves to record your performance. Even if Fox shows no enthusiasm for the disc right now, they may in the future and this would be a great extra feature.
And just one last thing - if he loved going to the movies more than sex, Gore Vidal must be one lousy lay. :)
------------------
Matthew Kiernan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks