What's new

FOX- - Cronenberg's Fly SE? (1 Viewer)

Greg K

Second Unit
Okay...it's been *another* few months with NO news or replies, so let's try again.
Fox- - is The Fly (1986) Special Edition still "under consideration"? Or passed over? Or has it actually been confirmed for release?
Sources that have spoken with David Cronenberg's people *hinted* ever so slightly that he might be involved with making this SE either right now, or in the future. Is he?
*PLEASE*...the fans are getting restless. *Some* kind of information would be a breath of fresh air. Thank you for your time.
:angry: :frowning: :) ;) :D

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Fox...any word?

I'm one of a huge amount of people who have yet to purchase the current double feature dvd.

This film deserves SE treatment & i'd LOVE to see the deleted footage..a branching option would be awsome as well!!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Cronenberg is my second favorite director, and I think ALL of his films are classics. In my opinion, the only films of his that have been done justice on DVD are Dead Ringers (Criterion) and eXistenZ (Canadian version). I would snatch up a SE of the masterpiece that is The Fly in no time! Bring it on Fox. This classic deserves it!

Greg K

Second Unit
Yes, Cronenberg's films are all good candidates for DVD to explore. The Dead Ringers Criterion Collection DVD is a particularly good example of how to do it right. Great commentary, and not just from Cronenberg, but from his "regulars" (Carol Spier, Ron Sanders, etc.)

But, I think The Fly, out of all of Cronenberg's films, has the most potential to make a GREAT Special Edition. Here's a few reasons why:

1. Deleted Scenes. This film has deleted scenes that have become LEGEND to fans, something that no other Cronenberg film has. Sure, Dead Ringers, the Dead Zone, etc. have deleted scenes, too, but none with the mystery and creepy allure of The Fly's. The infamous "Monkey-Cat", "Leg Amputation", and "Butterfly-Baby Epliogue" are just some of those scenes!!

2. Popularity. Out of all of Cronenberg's films, The Fly is probably the most well-known, and well-loved. It made him truly famous. It's time for a retrospective from him and the cast/crew concerning this landmark in their careers!

3. Makeup. The brlliant work of Chris Walas and his company won the film an OSCAR. We want to see behind-the-scenes interviews, documentaries, and photo galleries relating to the greatest man-into-monster makeup movie ever!

4. Mystery. The film is well-loved by critics and fans, and yet very little behind-the-scenes material has ever come out, much less info on the deleted scenes. Aside from an issue of Cinefex and some issues of Fangoria, Starlog, etc., many technical, plot/character, and design aspects have never been revealed. Who wouldn't want to see early sketches of the Telepods, and of Brundle's mutation? Also, the script (especially Charles Edward Pogue's early version) are very rare, and deserve to be seen by the public!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks