What's new

FOX: *Yawn*...THE FLY (1986) SE?!?! (1 Viewer)

Greg K

Second Unit
Well, once more it's time to inquire/beg to Fox regarding David Cronenberg's The Fly (1986) Special Edition DVD. Yup. If I started counting the e-mails, posts, letters, threads, and petition signatures, then we'd be here all day. So...one more for the road...!!!!
FOX: HAS THE FLY (1986) SE BEEN APPROVED AND CONFIRMED FOR RELEASE IN 2002 OR 2003????????
Seriously, now, this release has been highly anticipated for a *LONG* time. An SE laserdisc was apparently planned, but scrapped for unknown reasons. Does it have something to do with getting the cast/crew involved? Is David Cronenberg too busy/doesn't care? What is the deal????? I, for one, have been bursting at the seams for YEARS now to see the film's legendary deleted scenes. Even an SE with the deleted scenes ONLY would be better than no SE at all.
This situation is driving me mad. Not that it's too far of a drive, but still...
Waiting is always the hardest part.....
The Fly SE Petition
www.petitiononline.com/brundle
The Fly Film Archive
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/zelazny/119/

Greg K

Second Unit
Helloooo???? Anybody home? Think, Mc"FLY", think!!!!

Seriously, I want news! Anything! A bone!!! A crumb!!!

Please?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Perhaps if you were a little more polite, a studio rep might reply to this thread.

I might get a DVD of this, but I prefer the original a little more.

Greg K

Second Unit
I've been polite for months and months! I'm growing weary of the game. Just a tiny snippet of news, please? Something to appease this loyal and weary fan????

Greg K

Second Unit
Huh. I though I *was* being "polite" in this thread. My intention when writing it was to convey the sheer *DESPERATION* and *ANXIETY* I have concening this release!!!

Please, Fox? Anything! Some glimer of hope!

Greg K

Second Unit
None taken. It's just that this matter has been very frustrating for many months. No news, just a vague "under consideration" and "possible confirmation (?)". What is up with that????

Some news is better than no news.

Bad news is still bad, though.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have not heard anything in a long time.. probably sometime next year I would expect.

JACOB

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No soup for you! (for the fly..get it...)

Think about these things

1- Studio reps don't owe you an answer, or anything else. It has been my experience that if they have something they care share, they do so. Otherwise no answer means they have no info

2- Expect this title to come out around Halloween. Given that it's May, I wouldn't expect to hear anything till at least late June/July

Greg K

Second Unit
Seriously, now, I'm (as you may have guessed) a huge fan of this film, as well as a huge Cronenberg fan. I've had many discussions with my compartriots regarding this possible SE, and everyone agrees that WE WANT IT BADLY!!!! This film has, over the years, attained a "cult" following of sorts, and it would be an insult not to give it special treatment! It's the film that truly made David Cronenberg, Jeff Goldblum, and Geena Davis famous, and it also proved that remakes can actually be equal to (if not even *BETTER* than) the originals. I only hope that this title is at least being *CONSIDERED* for release sometime soon... or at ALL...!

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
OK Greg, sorry to have missed your earlier posts.

Even sorrier (SP?) to tell you that an SE of the Fly is not on the cards at the moment. Things may change but not in the next 18 months.

Thanks for your interest,

Peter Staddon

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Cronenberg is my absolute favorite director (along with John Carpenter), and I think its a huge shame that only two (DEAD RINGERS and eXistenZ) of his films have been given the great DVD treatment that they deserve. I desperately want a SE of THE FLY and EVERY other Cronenberg film! Give us what we want Fox!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I had gotten the impression that there was work on the SE coming later this year or sometime in 2003.. I guess not.. please let us know when it will start.

JACOB

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
an SE of the Fly is not on the cards at the moment. Things may change but not in the next 18 months.
I don't consider this entirely bad news...at least we know now that an SE is not out of the question...that's news I can live with (for now ;) ). Thank you Mr. Staddon for your reply. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks