What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Fox concerning Roswell (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Peter will find his way to this thread :)
It doesn't appear that Roswell will hit the coveted 100 episode mark to be put into syndication (is that a rule, or just what generally happens?). The end to season 3 is nearing, and I doubt the fans will be able to use any of their "powers" this time. As anyone who has kept up with this show can tell you, it has a loyal fan following. From hundreds of thousands of tobasco sauce bottles being sent to the studio offices, to tons of petitions/fanfic/emails/parties etc... (www.crashdown.com) there is an enormous ammount of material that could make for some very interesting special features.
Fox is doing an outstanding job with their current TV product on DVD, and I'm only hoping that this show would get the same treatment. I would hope that we would be able to get a season one box set out by years end. Is there any news regarding this series that we fans can be fed?
Thanks a ton.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
There are issues with the clearances of some of the material in Roswell that make it difficult to release a complete season on DVD.

Until those issues are resolved we will not be working on the title, so I don't have any good news concerning a launch by the years end!

Sorry,

Thanks for your interest,

Peter Staddon

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the quick answer. Any chance you could elaborate on what some of the clearance issues are? I figure if you could, you would have done so, but there's no harm in asking.

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
I'm another member of HTF who's a Roswell fan. So here's my vote for getting it onto DVD. I would hope to get all 3 seasons on DVD, if in fact this is the final season of the show this year.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a Roswell fan, too, and am all for it on DVD. Heck, I don't mind if it's 2005 by the time it gets put on DVD, as long as Roswell DVDs are made at some point down the road.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'd also get Roswell on DVD. I haven't been able to keep up as much this season but I definitely would buy all 3 seasons if they were availbale.

Alan_R

Auditioning
Roswell fan here too! I would love to see it come out on DVD. If this is the final session it would be nice if FOX would release a boxset as a thank you to the fans for all the hard work they have done to keep it alive.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing this is music clearance rights. Unlike Buffy, Roswell has used a lot more mainstream bands instead of relative unknowns

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I don't mind having the music stripped from the show, or replaced with groups who don't care about music rights.
I could care less for music rights.
Give us the show. I love Roswell as well and I would rather see this show, even stripped of all those god awful mainstream songs, than have nothing on DVD since this 3rd year may be the last.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Do not sacrifice the music rights for an early release. I want all original elements left in the episodes.

Mary_W

Auditioning
I was elated when I saw the entire first season of Buffy out on DVD, not because I like Buffy, but because I thought that might mean Roswell would also soon turn to DVD. Then I discovered this post and was immediately discouraged. Would my dreams of owning Roswell on DVD never come true?Roswell fans have proven during the past several years their love of the show and their desire to see it continue, even when it strayed from the original story line to a more sci-fi route. The profits that could be made from the first season alone should far outweigh any concerns of producing it on DVD. I know I would buy it, and so would my dad. YES, my DAD!!! There is more of a fan base out there than many realize, so please, please, please, get the clearance issues resolved soon.

Kathy D

Auditioning
Well I hope they are working on getting those music issues cleared up, because I just got my first DVD player and I can't think of any show I would rather watch on it. Especially if they included some nice extras like cast interviews and bloopers. My Roswell tapes are getting worn out because I watch them so often!

MaryM

Auditioning
I know I speak for Roswellians everywhere when I say that I would love to have all 3 seasons of Roswell on dvd.
I've read that the UK will release season 1 on dvd at some point this year. Does that mean that dvd releases in the US can't be too far behind?
Also, now that Sci Fi Channel has acquired the rights to the reruns does that also bring us one step closer to having the series on dvd here in the US?
Here's hoping!:)

Joanna Clark

Auditioning
Both my father (91 years young) and I are Roswell fans. We're still hoping for a 4th season, and I'm hoping that all of the shows are released on DVD.

There are various types of sci fi. Roswell was unique in that it helped remind us of our own voyage of discovery during our teen years (that was a long time ago). It also was tied to a real-life event, adding further mystic to the Roswell crash. Roswell was great because the story-line carried the show with, or without, special effects.

We vote for a fourth season and DVDs.

Kathy D

Auditioning
Well, it saddens me that the music clearance issue is slowing the process of getting Roswell on DVD. However, I am confident that we will eventually get it on DVD, especially since the Sci-Fi channel has bought rights to air seasons 1-3. It stands to reason that the demand for Roswell on DVD will just grow.

I would like to ask Mr. Peter Staddon a question. If/When Roswell is put on DVD, will the studio please the fans by including deleted scenes,bloopers, and other extras? I was very happy when Buffy was released, but I was disappointed that there weren't more extras included. I would definitely pay more money for a Roswell set if it included the extras I mentioned. What are the chances of that happening?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
With some more recent FOX shows hitting DVD in season box sets, aka Malcolm In The Middle & 24, I'm hoping that Roswell will make it soon. Here's a little boost for this thread. If you're reading this, and would purchase the show on disc, please let your voice be heard.

Carol Hagerman

Auditioning
I would buy a box set of DVD's for myself and I know a lot of friends who aren't internet people who would also buy sets!!! And let them include all sorts of special features! Behind the scenes, interviews, and - most of all - those deleted scenes we've all been dying to see!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks