What's new

Fox Announces "The Man Who Never Was" (1 Viewer)

JohnPM

Second Unit
Good news over at The Digital Bits --- looks like a nice 1956 Fox Cinemascope title is coming in June, "The Man Who Never Was", with Clifton Webb and Gloria Grahame.

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
Great! I've been waiting for this one. It's one of those movies rarely shown on TV, I've only seen it once, many years ago. I've also had to resist buying the VHS version.

-Steve

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Good news, but I figured I'd never see this title since I never see anyone talking about Clifton Webb films. I sure hope it is released WS. My VHS tape is getting worn.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'm would not call THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS a "Clifton Webb" film. It was based on a true World War II espionage incident and--knowing Fox--it's a given that the film will be released in its CinemaScope ratio aspect. By the by, Peter Sellers provided the voice of Winston Churchill.

The film's director (Ronald Neame) is still alive so an audio commentary is not out of the question.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I saw the film when it was released as well as a TV documentary dealing with the disinformation operation. It's one great yarn.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I almost forgot about this film, I'll have to check this one out again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks