What's new

Found a VGA to component cable! (for Dreamcast) - also question about gun games (1 Viewer)

inazuma

Grip
Here's a link to what it looks like:
http://www.dtvcity.com/plasmacable/media-rca-vga.html
I'd like to get one. Anyone know if this will work fine in conjunction with a VGA box from the Dreamcast? Or will I need a powered transcoder? I'm not sure if this cable will have enough "power" to display on my HDTV.
Also, I've been trying to play gun games on my Dreamcast on my HDTV. But the gun is all over the place when I point it at the screen. Tried calibrating but it won't calibrate since the gun pointer is all over the place. Changing the picture to 4:3 instead of "Full" doesn't work either. Anyone have any ideas? I have a Toshiba 50H81 if that matters.
Thanks.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I don't know but I'd be interested if this does. however, this seems designed to go from a source with RCA component output to a display that uses VGA input - you'd be doing it the other way around.

inazuma

Grip
Just some updates...

I confirmed from Straight Wire that the cable will not work using a source like a computer... He says a transcoder will be necessary to convert the signal. Oh well, back to getting a VGA adapter + a transcoder to get component to my TV.

Also, MadCatz got back to me regarding the gun issue. He says that the DreamBlaster does not work for RPTVs nor do they have any products that do. He says there might be a gun out there that will work, but he can't recall off the top of his head. Well that kinda sucks... Would love to play my guns games on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks