What's new

Foreigner 4 DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
1 Word: Totally and completely awesome :)
If you have any DVD-A titles, I suggest you pick this up. I read a review that said this was 'easily' one of the best sounding DVD-A titles currently available. Well, I had to give it a whirl for myself.
He wasn't kidding. Well, this is the best sounds DVD-A title that I currently own. I think it sounds better than y Eagles Hotel California DVD-A.
Here is the review that I found:
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/re...wnumber=520202

Michael_T

Second Unit
I respectfully have to disagree with you on this one. I have over 40 DVD-Audio discs, and to my ears the Foreigner 4 disc is merely pedestrian. Not a bad DVD-A, but not a great sounding one either.

I guess it may have to do with musical taste, and what other DVD-Audio discs you might own.

I feel that the Grateful Dead DVD-A discs are 2 of the better discs, Steely Dan "Two Against Nature" is superb, and the Eagles discs does sound fine.

It is not that Foreigner 4 is not a good disc, I just wouldn't rate it as highly as you do.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Really? I thought it sounded superb! Well, I think that all of my DVD-A's sound superb. :) All 7 of 'em!
From what I have read/heard the Foreigner self titled album DVD-A isn't all that great.
I don't have the other titles you mention, except for the Eagles Hotel California so I can't compare to what you have heard. Maybe the reason I think it sounds so good is that fact that is sounds SO much better than the regular CD version.
I would rate my DVD-A's, in terms of overall sound quality as follows: (note, none of these sounds BAD in any way)
1. Foreigner 4
2. Eagles Hotel California
3. Eric Clapton & B.B. King Ridin' w/the King
4. America - Homecoming
5. Metallica Black Album
6. DVD-A Sampler I got with my JVC player
7. Olivia Newton John (Live concert)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I also like the Foreigner 4 DVD-A, but those Dead are also pretty solid as is the 2 Against Nature album.

I was pleased with the methods used for the surround mix. I find the mix enhancing rather than distracting.

I like F4 more than H Cali also, DVD-A wise I mean.

NP - Daft Punk Discovery

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks