Foreigner 4 DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

1 Word: Totally and completely awesome [​IMG]
    If you have any DVD-A titles, I suggest you pick this up. I read a review that said this was 'easily' one of the best sounding DVD-A titles currently available. Well, I had to give it a whirl for myself.
    He wasn't kidding. Well, this is the best sounds DVD-A title that I currently own. I think it sounds better than y Eagles Hotel California DVD-A.
    Here is the review that I found:
    http://www.highfidelityreview.com/re...wnumber=520202

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this one. I have over 40 DVD-Audio discs, and to my ears the Foreigner 4 disc is merely pedestrian. Not a bad DVD-A, but not a great sounding one either.

I guess it may have to do with musical taste, and what other DVD-Audio discs you might own.

I feel that the Grateful Dead DVD-A discs are 2 of the better discs, Steely Dan "Two Against Nature" is superb, and the Eagles discs does sound fine.

It is not that Foreigner 4 is not a good disc, I just wouldn't rate it as highly as you do.

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Really? I thought it sounded superb! Well, I think that all of my DVD-A's sound superb. [​IMG] All 7 of 'em!
    From what I have read/heard the Foreigner self titled album DVD-A isn't all that great.
    I don't have the other titles you mention, except for the Eagles Hotel California so I can't compare to what you have heard. Maybe the reason I think it sounds so good is that fact that is sounds SO much better than the regular CD version.
    I would rate my DVD-A's, in terms of overall sound quality as follows: (note, none of these sounds BAD in any way)
    1. Foreigner 4
    2. Eagles Hotel California
    3. Eric Clapton & B.B. King Ridin' w/the King
    4. America - Homecoming
    5. Metallica Black Album
    6. DVD-A Sampler I got with my JVC player
    7. Olivia Newton John (Live concert)

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I also like the Foreigner 4 DVD-A, but those Dead are also pretty solid as is the 2 Against Nature album.

I was pleased with the methods used for the surround mix. I find the mix enhancing rather than distracting.

I like F4 more than H Cali also, DVD-A wise I mean.

NP - Daft Punk Discovery