What's new

Ford Thunderbird (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Whoops. Yes, I was referring to the GTO. I didn't realize it was going to be that expensive. I doubt Ford will make many at all, knowing that it'll be only purchased by a few people.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Whoops. Yes, I was referring to the GTO. I didn't realize it was going to be that expensive. I doubt Ford will make many at all, knowing that it'll be only purchased by a few people.
Ah, well that is also a different story! :)

The GTO will be released under the Pontiac badge, so is a GM-branded car and again has nothing to do with the Ford Mustang platform. Interestingly, it is the first car that GM is bringing over from their Australian brand, Holden. I have been in Australia a lot in the past year, the car is called the Holden Monaro there and has been out for years!

I think it is coming out here around the end of the year with a 350-hp V8, but I can't see it selling for more than $30k-40k, probably in Cobra territory.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
The heck with all those slow poke cars. If GM had any real guts the'd put out a limited production version of the Caddlic V16, 1000hp, 1000lbs torqe.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Didn't realize how small this thing is 'till I sat in it today. Makes a Miata look like a Yukon. Not really for me. Thanks for all the input! I'll keep looking for a more practical ride. :) Justin was right on in that it would be a great third car, but not a second...which is what I need.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
That is surprising, indeed! I figured it would have been roomy as hell considering the boat-like image of the older models...hm!
The older, boat-like models of the T-birds were the ones that were out of synch with it's history. The new model takes it's size and styling from the original, 2 seater bird of the fifties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks